Who you’ll be working with
Having a sound understanding of Network Infrastructure technology, you will be working to provide technical network support to the Capgemini delivery management team. This will involve working alongside 3rd party network service providers and internal and client technical teams. You will be working closely with (and supported in your role by) the Capgemini Operational Delivery Manager, who will be reliant upon your network experience.
The focus of your role
As well as requiring the usual generic support skills such as Incident, Problem and Change Management, you will need a good understanding of network technologies and be able to communicate those confidently with technical teams, senior management and the client as required. You will maintain an up-to-date knowledge of voice, data and security network infrastructure deployed within the account and contribute to and assist the Delivery Management team on projects, incidents and changes to deliver services to the client.
What you’ll do
• Work to agreed deadlines and lead/drive complex network incidents and issues to conclusion by involving 3rd party support providers working in cross-discipline, agile and distributed teams in the UK.
• Attend CAB meetings and approve changes to ensure assessment of the risks involved and assist other team members in identifying impact on the business critical services.
• Work with service providers (e.g. BT, Vodafone, Network First and other 3rd party suppliers) to ensure understanding of their technology offerings and improve processes where applicable.
• Work with project teams and 3rd party design consultants to review the design documents created and discuss the technologies chosen. Impact Assess the development, design and implementation of the new applications and changes to existing Infrastructure or services.
• Manage HPI’s from a Network perspective through to resolution.
• Ensure that all Network infrastructure and services are maintained and delivered to Industry standards by the relevant 3rd party suppliers.
What you’ll bring
• Practical working knowledge of WAN, LAN, network management and infrastructure technologies and products from leading vendors
• Experience of troubleshooting complex technical issues and assessing change impact
• Excellent client and communication skills, good presentation both verbal and written
• An ability to work to deadlines and drive complex issues to conclusion
• Good breadth of general infrastructure experience
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.