An overview of the role
Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services has an established global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result of consistently high demand, the Cloud Practice is looking to increase the scale of the architect team by recruiting an experienced Network architect.
The applicant will be capable of architecting, designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
A highly technical role with a service and customer focus involving the design, evaluation and technical review of major network installations, implementation activities, client support, projects, transitions, due diligence exercises, and the development of new business solutions.
Why this role?
The candidate should have considerable experience including network design, implementation, operations, support and project/change management within a service oriented and controlled infrastructure.
A good working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/ Public Cloud environments is essential.
Experience with any of the latest generation of networking technologies is highly desirable e.g.:
- Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
- Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Terraform, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
- Security products e.g. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
- VMware NSX and other NFV products.
- Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration, Solarwinds, CA
Additional experience with load balancers, hardware proxy devices, IDS/AV, and Voice technologies would be desirable.
Capgemini is seeking to recruit a Network Architect, ideally with experience of working in a large client outsourcing service environment, to work within a client facing project team. The applicant will be capable of architecting, designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
- Proven experience of designing complex network technical solutions using third parties as required in multi tenanted/shared environments
- Proven experience of designing and implementing complex Data Centre LAN environments
- Practical working knowledge of WAN/LAN/Public Cloud connectivity/ management/virtualisation technologies and products from leading vendors
- Experience of network consolidation, and associated capacity planning to provide increased availability and flexibility
- Experience of tooling for systems management
- Practical working knowledge of network protocols and standards
- Practical working knowledge of Telco/network provider service offers
- Practical working knowledge of network security
- Ability to cost and estimate projects with limited information and ensuring assumptions, risks and issues have been captured
- Ability to review network projects and proposals making recommendations
- Excellent client and communication skills, good presentation both verbal and written
- Manages own time, ability to work to deadlines and drive complex issues to conclusion.
- Flexible approach to working hours and location
- Ability to work as part of a dispersed team but also self motivated
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical staff
- Broad experience of IT solution development
- Recognised Cisco or other industry certification
- Excellent consultancy skills
- Ability to perform and conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions
- The candidate will need to be able to gain security clearance for government work; this process can take place once they have joined Capgemini but any job offer will be dependent on SC clearance being obtained.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm