Microsoft Solutions Architect
Customer Software Development
You may have any of our UK offices as a base location. Fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you will be working with
You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of architects and engineers who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of cloud, open source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
We have world class architecture and software engineering communities; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look.
The focus of your role
Solution Architects shape and define solution architectures for our clients. These architectures are used to define project plans, manage detailed design, inform technical risk analysis and support estimation.
We work with a client from the earliest stages of a project (potentially in a presales capacity) through to delivery and ‘go live’. We provide technical leadership and support to the Programme Director or Engagement manager.
As a member of our solution architecture team, you will bring a mix of technical skills, industry insight, business acumen and leadership. You will forge close working relationships not only with our architecture and engineering teams in UK and India, but also with the many other disciplines in Capgemini such as engagement managers and account executives. You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative, custom solutions for our clients.
What you’ll do
• Work on some of the most bleeding edge cloud-native architectures in development today.
• Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
• Support estimation, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader.
• Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to ensure our solutions are built to reflect your solution vision and make the best use of current development practices.
• Maintain technical relationships with our clients and technology partners.
• Be a trusted technology adviser to our clients as well as to Capgemini colleagues.
What you’ll bring
• Excellent knowledge of exploiting Microsoft Azure for delivery of cloud-native solutions
• A self-motivated desire to continually learn and improve.
• A strong background in Microsoft technology; experience of building scalable, resilient and secured applications using Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics 365 and Microsoft .NET.
• Exposure to and some experience of working with structured architecture approaches (e.g. TOGAF).
• Experience of working in collaborative teams.
• Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology.
Desirable experience of
• Microsoft Azure solution architect certification.
• Working with distributed, off-shore delivery teams.
• DevOps background/experience.
Working knowledge of relevant technologies and software architecture practices such as:
• SharePoint Online
• Microsoft Dynamics 365
• Azure Platform as a Service
• Office 365 solutions
• Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs