Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer
Location – Any UK base however successful candidates must be fully flexible as travel will be required
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of developers and Azure platform engineers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise solutions from the Microsoft stack and a variety of Open Source to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: Capgemini Microsoft Blog and http://capgemini.github.io/. We have some public opensource project available in our gitub (https://github.com/capgemini ) and much more are on the pipeline to be released.
The focus of your role
Our consultants collaborate with clients and developers to identify, explain, design and implement the right solutions and processes for our clients. Working as subject matter experts and trusted advisors in everything DevOps related, our consultants build out a continuous integration process married with a solid release strategy while having the ability to upskill our customer’s team members and advise on best practice and strategy to management. Your passion for DevOps will be anchored in Microsoft technologies while being aware of other open-source options to be able to give well rounded and extremely informed advice.
What you’ll do
· Understand the current client/project landscape and define and design the DevOps processes
· Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
· Identify the Accelerators that can be introduced to assist with the implementation and adoption of DevOps within the project and organisation.
· Implementation of DevOps process including ensuring the adoption by the development teams.
· Manage and maintain the DevOps processes throughout the lifecycle of the project.
· Use effective communication to work with development teams to constantly enhance, document, found processes, improve coordination and increase the operational performance and security of systems.
· Working with the wider Capgemini DevOps community to identify and develop new accelerators that can be introduced to new and existing projects.
· Exposure to a variety of industries e.g. Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing, Transport, Health.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for the highest quality individuals who bring the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
· A Software Engineering mindset
· Broad understanding of DevOps but with in-depth knowledge and experience of implementations with the Microsoft product stack (Azure/.NET, Dynamics or SharePoint) with special focus in Azure DevOPs
· An understanding of the following areas o At least one modern programming language Java/C#/Java Script/Python/Go/Ruby etc
– Understanding of scripting languages, PowerShell/Bash
– Automating the creation and maintenance of complex cloud infrastructure (anything as code).
– PaaS, Serverless, IaaS inc VMs, Storage, security configuration o Applying of security engineering principles (DevSecOps)
– Automation and Configuration Management tools such as Terraform
– Source code control repository for Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) or Git
– Azure Services (Application Insights, Azure DevTest Lab, API Management, Web and Mobile Apps, Windows VM etc.)
– Awareness of other CI, CD & build automation tools (Jenkins, Quick Build, Teamcity, GitLab, Octopus Deploy etc.) o Container and Container Orchestration tools, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
· A desire to continually develop your knowledge of new functionality in the Microsoft platforms, keeping on top of roadmaps, studying for certifications and being ahead of the curve and latest trends to bring maximum value to our clients
· Excellent consulting skills:
– You form strong and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues, and these interactions should be second nature to you.
– You have an ability to clearly articulate and present your ideas and solutions
– Flexible attitude, critical thinking and the ability to engage with stakeholders at every level – from C-suite to end user.
· Demonstrable skills in facilitating workshops, gathering and documenting requirements, translating requirements into business processes, stakeholder engagement, creative thinking, presentation and coaching.
· A strong professional development record.
Ideally you will have had previous experience within a consultancy role, with experience of:
· Full lifecycle experience on programmes using Microsoft Technologies and knowledge of the supporting business processes.
· Microsoft certifications are advised.
· Scrum master experience would be beneficial.
What we’ll offer you:
Are you interested to work with and learn from the best, most inspiring engineers in the UK? Do you want to be encouraged and recognised for giving back to the open-source community? Do you want to build your profile as a DevOps engineer? Do you want to be rewarded for striving to continually improve?
Coupled with the training, tooling, development and career progression of a large multinational business, this goes some way to describing what’s in it for you at Capgemini. We work with some of the world’s largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects underway in modern IT.
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
Capgemini has a very strong partnership with Microsoft with multiple awards being the most recent Microsoft’s Digital Transformation Partner of the Year 2021.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.