Who you’ll be working with
Within our Energy and Utilities sector we bring to life what is next. We combine strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset. We work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges.
Our work is focussed on the future of Energy and Utilities. We know that this market will go through dramatic change over the next few years and we have an important role to play: The need to understand, design and implement change based on drivers including climate change, energy storage, new economic models, and new technology are increasing, alongside our core capabilities of customer experience transformation, asset and operations transformation and cost reduction and operating model transformation.
Our recent work has included; creating the future operating model for our client’s UK operations, designing an award winning future customer experience for the competitive arm of a water sector client, delivering a multi-year and multi-dimension change programme for an energy distribution company, and leading the global implementation of change for a energy-technology business. We have also built blockchain prototypes, written thought leadership on the future role of Distribution Systems Operators, and deployed agile at scale for new customer experiences through digital channels.
The focus of your role
This is a period of intense change in the UK Utilities sector. Energy Retail is going through significant changes with many new entrants with cheaper business models, increasing Government scrutiny, a battle to win Consumer trust and a rush to diversify services to maintain relevance and profitability.
Energy Efficiency is now king with decarbonisation the priority in energy generation with a push to renewables and the huge growth in Smart meters and demand side management forcibly changing the way energy is consumed.
And, as it moves into the new regulatory period, the UK water industry is under increasing pressure to become more customer focused and so provide a better experience for residential and developer services customers. Customers not only want to trust that water and wastewater companies are serving the public benefit but expect great service, at least comparable to the service they get elsewhere. To meet these demands, the water industry is investing millions in customer focused digital transformation programmes and are looking for insight from adjacent industries.
As a result, we are seeing a significant increase in demand for our successful Customer Experience Consultants. We have built a successful track record of delivering leading edge and award winning transformational digital change. Our consultants bring to bear vast utilities experience or relevant experience from adjacent markets, a strong customer improvement skillset, an understanding of technology and a highly collaborative approach. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll do
The primary role involves helping clients to shape, guide and deliver leading edge customer experience / digital transformation programmes. You will help our clients to identify, map and improve the customer journey, guide them through complex change roadmaps, helping them to balance business change with technology change in a way that delivers benefits, and delights their customers and engages the business.
You will leverage digital customer experience technologies (CRM in particular) to provide significant opportunities for our clients to outperform the market. You will bring your knowledge in customer experience and service to drive innovation into everything we do, including defining new solutions, finding new ways to engage and collaborate, and deploying agile ways of delivering change.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience in Customer Experience Transformation Delivery ideally in Utilities, other Asset Intensive regulated industries or customer-centric organisations such as Telecommunications , Retail, and Financial Services . You may already be a consultant or you may be working within a Utilities company or Customer Service organisation.
In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience and personal attributes:
- Customer – advising and delivering on customer strategy and operating model, omnichannel customer experience transformation, channel mix strategy and channel optimisation.
- Digital customer experience platform and associated technologies – identifying opportunities to exploit technology, defining solutions and integrating these with business, customer and operations.
- Customer Service – experience in contact centres or customer facing roles
- Customer Operations – defining new ways of working, new processes, new operating models and organisation designs. Working with utilities mobile workforce to define solutions that meet their needs. Working with senior and middle management to understand how they can better operate their businesses.
- Experience in managing and delivering in small to medium sized teams working with multiple and varied stakeholders at different seniority levels to deliver tangible positive outcomes.
- Experience in using standard Business Change and Change adoption techniques and approaches
- Experience of contact centre and /or customer facing field operations environments would be advantageous.
You’ll bring strong consulting capabilities, which will include structured problem solving and analytical skills, strong communication skills, a collaborative attitude and experience in project and programme management.
- You will be highly motivated, a self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in a sometimes demanding project environment.
- You will have the knowledge and ability to credibly engage effectively with a range of utilities project staff up to a senior level.
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop.
- You will be able to anticipate and adjust positively to situations with clients that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to and understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues.
- Ability to work within an integrated team environment in a fast paced, pressurised client environment.
- You’ll have a track record of successful customer experience change delivery within large scale projects or programmes working alongside other parties.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Invent unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.