Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 25 creative studios around the world, we have a 7,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
With CP and retail industries (CPR) in the midst of a profound period of disruption and transformation, those organisations need a partner to help them understand the issues, define solutions and steer them through their transformation.
Scaling growth online is a key element of this, and essential as not only a way to drive customer loyalty and sell directly to consumers, but as Covid has shown, a way to drive resilient sales. The customer experience itself has to be seamless, ensure the customer feels valued and ensure consistency. Upgrading operations is the essential enabler to this experience. We help CPR organisations make the shift.
We’re looking for experienced consultants and industry practitioners with project experience and passion to work with CPR companies to scale their growth online.
Why this role?
First, and foremost, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for some of the UK’s best-known CPR organisations. You will draw on your knowledge to work collaboratively with Capgemini colleagues and our clients to support them in understanding challenges they face and develop and land solutions in their business. We are constantly developing our thinking and you’ll be a key part of developing this thinking, making it a reality for our customers in the clothing, non-food and food sectors.
You’ll be a key member of the Supply Chain team which blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise; inventing what’s next for our clients. Working with fellow talented colleagues, you’ll transform every aspect of a clients’ operations to deliver sustained improvements across profitability, efficiency, quality and behavioural change. You’ll gain new skills which complement and improve your core expertise, enabling you to make a positive, lasting impact for Capgemini and our clients.
You’ll bring extensive CPR consulting or practitioner experience gained through either operational and change leadership roles in industry, or through delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip clients.
Demonstrable experience across a representative sample of the following:
• Professional experience of, and deep knowledge in distribution/ fulfilment operations, processes and efficiency drivers including one or more of the following areas:
• Inbound transportation
• Outbound warehouse operations, for both store and home delivery
• Warehouse to store transportation
• Home delivery transport operations including working with parcel carriers
• Multi-temperature environments
• Multi-channel and omnichannel operations
• You demonstrate deep understanding of how distribution/ fulfilment operations impact the customer proposition as well as other areas of the business such as buying and retail operations.
• You can give worked examples of how automation can improve operational performance. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
• You’ll bring a working knowledge of the planning and execution systems used in transport and warehouse operations. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
• Knowledge of strategic network modelling tools will also be an advantage.
• Finally, experience of different retail and CP sectors, including fashion, general merchandise, quick food service, and/or grocery business models, potentially with an international dimension.
• You have a passion and understanding for transformation in a digital world, with a thirst for thinking ‘what is next’.
• You bring a solid track record of successful and profitable project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in collaborative but sometimes demanding project environments.
• You have a passion for development, coaching others and improving performance.
• You possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently across all levels of Capgemini, client and 3rd party organisations.
• You demonstrate professionalism, flexibility and resilience – being able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
• You’re able to articulate your views on the future of Digital Fulfilment, and the retail sector in general.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals with the knowledge and creativity to deliver truly inventive solutions to our clients.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/