As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organisations. Located in more than 30 offices and 25 creative studios around the world, its 7,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of almost 220,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.1 billion.
With the retail industry in the midst of one of the most profound periods of disruption and transformation, retailers need a partner to help them navigate through this – a partner to help them understand the issues, define solutions and steer them on the journey of transformation. Retailers need results more than ever.
Within the UK, we are amongst the fastest growing and most successful retail consultancies, a testament to the tangible results that we continue to deliver with our clients. To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre, store transformation experts who understand the challenges of the Bricks and Mortar world converging with digital capabilities. The experts we seek are truly passionate about retail and want to make a difference for our clients.
What you’ll do
First, and foremost, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for some of the UK’s best-known retailers. You will draw on your knowledge to work collaboratively with Capgemini colleagues and our clients to support them in understanding challenges they face and develop and land solutions in their business. We are constantly developing our thinking around the changing face of retail operations in a digitally enabled world, and you’ll be a key part of developing this thinking and making it a reality for our customers in the clothing, non-food and food sectors.
You’ll be a key member of our Retail Supply Chain Centre of Excellence which blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise. Working with fellow talented colleagues, you’ll transform every aspect of a clients’ operations to deliver sustained improvements across profitability, efficiency, quality and behavioural change. You’ll gain new skills which complement and improve your core expertise, enabling you to make a positive, lasting impact for Capgemini and our clients.
Generally, you’ll find yourself working in a multi-disciplinary team, designing and delivering solutions for a large retailer and supporting them to embed change in their business. No one project or day is the same and activities will vary, from strategic thinking sessions, to detailed project planning and analysis, as well as internal thought leadership and professional development.
You’ll bring extensive retail experience gained through either operational and change leadership roles within a retailer or through delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip retail clients. You should be capable of developing and holding peer-level relationship at all levels of our client’s business.
Demonstrable experience across a representative sample of the following:
- Professional experience of, and deep knowledge in, one or more of the following areas:
- Store format development and optimisation
- In-store digital strategy, development and implementation
- Store operations including formats, software, strategy and design
- Management processes and behavioural optimisation
- Developing seamless retail operations across channels
- A deep understanding of the relationship between store processes and the ever-evolving customer proposition
- Exposure to cross-functional working, having an advanced knowledge of wider business impacts and upstream supply chain, relationships and responsibilities
- Direct responsibility, ownership or show a deep understanding of the core drivers of store profitability and the levers to pull in order to drive an efficient store operating model from activities based not just in the store, but from within the wider retail network
- Deep understanding and analytical capability in how to drive decision making, implement new ways of working change operational behaviours
- Experience in leading, designing and/ or implementing change in stores involving people, processes, technology and culture
- Experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through either working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation with a retail organisation.
- Finally, experience of different retail sectors, including fashion, general merchandise, quick food service, and/or grocery business models, potentially with an international dimension.