London base location with travel
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Main Purpose Of Role
The focus of your role
With the retail industry in the midst of one of the most profound periods of disruption and transformation, retailers need a partner to help them through this – a partner who helps them understand the issues, helps them define solutions and helps them on the journey of transformation. Retailers need more than just glossy PowerPoint documents. They need results.
Within the UK, we are amongst the fastest growing and most successful retail consultancies, a testament to the tangible results that we continue to deliver with our clients. To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre End to End Distribution Operations experts who can really make a difference for our clients.
What you’ll do
First, and foremost, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for some of the UK’s best-known retailers. You will draw on your knowledge to work collaboratively with Capgemini colleagues and our clients to support them in understanding challenges they face and develop and land solutions in their business. We are constantly developing our thinking around the changing face of retail operations in a digitally-enabled world, and you’ll be a key part of developing this thinking and making it a reality for our customers in the clothing, non-food and food sectors. You’ll be a key member of our Retail Supply Chain Centre of Excellence which blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring extensive retail experience gained through either operational and change leadership roles within a retailer or through delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip retail clients. You should be capable of developing and holding peer-level relationships at all levels of our client’s business.
In addition, you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
• Deep knowledge of distribution operations, processes and efficiency drivers including one or more of:
• Inbound transportation
• Outbound warehouse operations, for both store and home delivery
• Warehouse to store transportation
• Home delivery transport operations including working with parcel carriers
• Multi-temperature environments
• Multi-channel and omni-channel operations
• You will have regularly used data and analytics to drive decision making, implement new ways of working and change operational behaviours.
• You will have worked across the entire operation (end to end: from manufacturing line to shelf edge or customer’s home) as part of or leading a cross functional team that drives change for good (eg with suppliers, stores, buyers, ordering and forecasting teams and third parties).
• You can show an understanding of how distribution operations impact the customer proposition as well as other areas of the business such as buying and retail operations.
• You can give worked examples of how automation can improve warehouse operational performance. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
• You’ll bring a working knowledge of the planning and execution systems used in transport and warehouse operations. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
• Knowledge of strategic network modelling tools will also be an advantage.
• You’ll be experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through either working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation with a retail organisation.
• Finally, experience of different retail sectors, including fashion, general merchandise and/or grocery business models, potentially with an international dimension.
• You’ll have a passion and understanding for retail transformation in a digital world.
• You’ll possess a sharp intellect, with strong problem solving skills to address the impact of digital on the end-to-end supply chain, as well as an ability to synthesise data and formulate conclusions/recommendations.
• With excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently, you’ll bring the ability to develop and maintain peer relationships with senior management level executives.
• You’ll bring a can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in our collaborative but sometimes demanding project environment.
• You’ll demonstrate consulting professionalism and flexibility – you’ll be able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-consulting.com/