The pace of change in business today is being increasingly driven from new applications of technology to unmet needs. New technologies – from AI to robotics – are rapidly maturing. With each of these innovations, new data is created which enables new opportunities to apply AI and Analytics to optimise business models.
The companies that compete most successfully are those who have data as an integral part of their business model. This allows them to use analytics to identify customer needs, and to use AI to optimise and automate the speed and quality of their decision making. However, constant change means that even a data mature organisation needs to focus on innovation and optimisation to realise the opportunities presented by Artificial Intelligence & Automation.
Our clients look to Capgemini to be that trusted advisor, designing strategies and roadmaps to apply Analytics to optimise capabilities and business processes. This helps to shape and evolve their customer experience, to enhance and expand their service and commerce channels, and to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve business performance.
In the Insights Driven Enterprise (IDE) team we are Capgemini’s specialist business analytics and strategic modelling capability. We deliver analytical solutions and advisory services to a wide range of sectors and clients, using our industry knowledge, data & analytics expertise to help our clients realise the emerging possibilities of analytics AI and automation
It’s an exciting time to work in AI & Analytics and the Capgemini team is newly formed and growing fast. However, there has been an analytics and operational research team at Capgemini for over 25 years. Over this time, we’ve built a successful team because we know that there is more to your career than high-value client delivery.
As a team and leadership, we value:
- Your growth and ambitions
- Engagement: We believe in prviding a stimulating working environment where our consultants can empower to share their values and are engaged in purposeful work
- Specialism: Whilst there is ample opportunity to try new sectors at Capgemini we value sector expertise and we always try to ensure you’re aligned to your area of interest
- Empowerment: Our consultants are empowered to shape their own development plans, taking into account the needs of the business together with their own interests and aspirations.
- Feeling part of the team
- We are building a diverse and inclusive envirnment that embraces and values different points of view
- We hold monthly team showcases of our analytics projects followed by our monthly social – a chance to connect with the wider team over a few drinks in the city
- We run regular meet-ups including Analytics in Technlogy breakfast, alumni events and away days twice a year – all as chances to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new
- Your professional development
- You will have the opportunity to regularly go on training and receive best-in-class management consulting training, including from our Capgemini university in Paris
- Mst weeks we run lunchtime training courses to learn about the latest new technology and development in analytics and AI techniques
- You can pursue a range of technical learning opportunities and you will have access to industry-wide training courses and accreditations
The focus of your role will be using data science to help clients optimise their business processes, improve operations and drive performance improvement. As a Data Science professional, you’ll bring the following skills:
- Academic achievement (first degree in a numerate subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Industrial Engineering, Economics) and ideally a MSc. post-graduate qualification in an analytical subject such as Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science
- Strong software development skills, preferably in Python. Proficiency in R and SQL
- Experience in data visualisation packages such as SAS/SPSS/Qlik/Tableau/PowerBI
- Mastery of the data science workflow – from identification of the business challenge to solution design, data acquisition and ETL, model prototype, tuning, evaluation and deployment
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of a range of Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning techniques such as Classification, Regression, Forecasting, Anomaly Detections, Dimensionality Reduction, Feature Engineering and Feature Selection. Knowledge of NLP, Machine Vision or Recommender systems is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of at least one data science platform (e.g. Azure or GCP) with experience of configuring instances to enable building of end-to-end pipelines from data preparation to model evaluation.
- Knowledge of software development practices such as Code Review, Source Control, DevOps, Testing is a plus. Experience in productionising models is a plus
As a Data Science Consultant, you’ll apply this expertise to roles that vary from strategic advisory consulting through to complex data modelling and software development. Working as a data scientist at Capgemini you’ll enjoy a variety of roles including:
- Developing visual, interactive analytical tools and software that solve business problems. Typical examples of capabilities include Customer and Supply Chain Analytics in Retail, modelling Operational Risk in Government and Process and Workforce Analytics in Financial Services
- Using Data Science to provide insight for our clients into complex relationships, trends and patterns in their data, often acting as a Product Owner developing services and capabilities that can deliver repeatable value
- Working as a Storyteller by bridging the gap between advanced data science techniques and business strategy, explaining findings and new concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Developing our practice – including working on bids for new commissions, researching the latest thought leadership points of view from your area of expertise, and developing new service offerings to differentiate Capgemini in the marketplace
The level of your professional experience will range from a Consultant leading streams of work through to a Managing Consultant driving our sector expertise and running programmes of work. All our teams have the skills and behaviours needed to manage client deliverables and expectations.
- Motivated, self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to delivery. You have strong autonomy with the ability to conduct projects autonomously.
- Engaging story teller who can bring to life the value of Analytics, AI & Automation, with excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working in challenging roles and experience working in agile delivery models. You’ll be resilient, and have a strong focus on speed and quality of execution.
- Ability to apply creative thinking and innovative methods to your clients’ business needs to gain commitment and deliver outstanding work.
Capgemini Invent combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design to solve the most complex business and technology challenges. Disruption is not new, but the pace of change is. The fourth industrial revolution is forcing businesses to rethink everything they know.
Leading organizations behave as living entities, constantly adapting to change. With invention at their core, they continuously redesign their business to generate new sources of value. Winning is about fostering inventive thinking to create what comes next.
Our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals draw on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.