The companies that compete most successfully are those who have data as an integral part of their business model. This allows them to use analytics to identify customer needs, and to use AI to optimise and automate the speed and quality of their decision making. However, constant change means that even a data mature organisation needs to focus on innovation and optimisation to realise the opportunities presented by Artificial Intelligence & Automation.
In the Insights Driven Enterprise (IDE) team we are Capgemini’s specialist business analytics and strategic modelling capability. We deliver analytical solutions and advisory services to a wide range of sectors and clients, using our industry knowledge, data & analytics expertise to help our clients realise the emerging possibilities of analytics AI and automation.
It’s an exciting time to work in AI & Analytics and the Capgemini team is newly formed and growing fast. However, there has been an analytics and operational research team at Capgemini for over 25 years. We’ve built a successful team because we know that there is more to your career than high-value client delivery.
As a team and management, we value:
Your growth and ambitions
- Engagement: We believe in providing a stimulating working environment where our consultants and empower to share their values and are engaged in purposeful work
- Specialism: Whilst there is ample opportunity to try new sectors at Capgemini we value sector expertise and we always try to ensure you’re aligned to your area of interest
- Empowerment: Our consultants are empowered to shape their own development plans, taking into account the needs of the business together with their own interests and aspirations.
Feeling part of the team
- We are building a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces and values different points of view
- We hold monthly team showcases of our analytics projects followed by our monthly social – a chance to connect with the wider team over a few drinks in the city
- We run regular meet-ups including Analytics in Technology breakfast, alumni events, and away days twice a year – all as chances to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new
Your professional development
- You will have the opportunity to regularly go on training and receive best-in-class management consulting training, including from our Capgemini university in Paris
- Most weeks we run lunchtime training courses to learn about the latest new technology and development in analytics and AI techniques
- You can pursue a range of technical learning opportunities and you will have access to industry-wide training courses and accreditations
The focus of your role will be using data science to help clients optimise their business processes, improve operations and drive performance improvement. As a Data Science professional, you’ll bring the following skills:
- Academic achievement (first degree in a numerate subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Industrial Engineering, Economics) and ideally a MSc. post-graduate qualification in an analytical subject such as Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science
- Strong software development skills, preferably in Python. Proficiency in R and SQL
- Experience in data visualisation packages such as SAS/SPSS/Qlik/Tableau/PowerBI
- Mastery of the data science workflow – from identification of the business challenge to solution design, data acquisition and ETL, model prototype, tuning, evaluation and deployment
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of a range of Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning techniques such as Classification, Regression, Forecasting, Anomaly Detections, Dimensionality Reduction, Feature Engineering and Feature Selection. Knowledge of NLP, Machine Vision or Recommender systems is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of at least one data science platform (e.g. Azure or GCP) with experience of configuring instances to enable building of end-to-end pipelines from data preparation to model evaluation.
- Knowledge of software development practices such as Code Review, Source Control, DevOps, Testing is a plus. Experience in productionising models is a plus
As a Data Science Consultant, you’ll apply this expertise to roles that vary from strategic advisory consulting through to complex data modelling and software development. Working as a data scientist at Capgemini you’ll enjoy a variety of roles including:
- Developing visual, interactive analytical tools and software that solve business problems. Typical examples of capabilities include Customer and Supply Chain Analytics in Retail, modelling Operational Risk in Government and Process and Workforce Analytics in Financial Services
- Using Data Science to provide insight for our clients into complex relationships, trends and patterns in their data, often acting as a Product Owner developing services and capabilities that can deliver repeatable value
- Working as a Storyteller by bridging the gap between advanced data science techniques and business strategy, explaining findings and new concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Developing our practice – including working on bids for new commissions, researching the latest thought leadership points of view from your area of expertise, and developing new service offerings to differentiate Capgemini in the marketplace
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.