Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Based in our Government Clients Command Centre, the Capgemini Command Centre Liaison team is the heart of the IT delivery organisation. The Major Incident Manager will be a core component of the bridge between the Client’s IT Organisation and the wider Government Department. The Command Centre is a 24/7/ 365 days function.
The successful candidate will be fully flexible and ideally have experience of working in a large outsource service environment. The applicant will be highly motivated in managing the delivery of services, solutions and operations.
• Management of Major Incidents and ensures effective interface to all associated processes (Incident Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, Reporting)
• Ownership and development of Operational Playbooks to drive swift resolution of major incidents
• Ability to own and Run executive communications
• Prior to start of day, ensures that all Business-Critical services are available and performing, through effective alignment with Service Desk and all support teams.
• Empowered to make technical decisions to the benefit of the Authority
• Maintain effective relationships with client suppliers/third parties to organise the efficient supply of services within agreed contractual terms.
• Good technical knowledge across technology towers
• Delivery Management
• Communication and presentation skills
• Strong customer communication skills
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• Operational Major Incident Management experience
• Able to interact with clients and deal with the challenges presented by a strong client with a high degree of technical expertise
• Managing of Major Incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout
• Able to lead teams and drive activities within tight timeframes
• Working within a fast-paced large government department.
• Good team working capability
• Methodical approach with good attention to detail
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Working Under Pressure and To Tight Time Scales
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
This role will be part of a shift rotation based on the client site covering 24/7/365 days a week.
This role will be expected to work in a 12hr shift pattern.
This role requires the candidate to achieve DV Clearance