The job on offer
Capgemini provides a service to a UK Public Sector organisation. You will be working as part of the Service Management delivery team.
Reporting into the Head of GSMC, the Major Incident Manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of all IT major incidents.
- Leveraging technology to issue all communications and providing key stakeholder management
- Leading, driving, and chairing all investigation activities, meetings, and conference calls
- Forming collaborative action plans via the technical lead with specific actions, roles, and deadlines, and ensuring these are completed safely and within SLA
- Matrix management of people, processes and resources including third parties – including resolving conflict to move forward to resolution
- Being accountable for resolving the outage via workaround or permanent fix
- Performing timely functional and hierarchical escalation
- Ensuring all administration and reports are maintained and up to date, including contacts information, technical diagrams, post major incident reviews
- Supporting and nurturing process improvements and knowledge base improvements
- Continually maintaining and developing tools and resources to manage major incidents effectively
- Providing periodic major incident metrics reports
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Working Under Pressure and To Tight Time Scales
- Communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer communication skills
- ITIL V3/V4 Foundation
- Operational Major Incident Management experience
- Able to interact with clients at all levels
- Management, ownership and leadership of Major Incidents, providing clear direction to resolution with timely communications throughout
- Able to lead teams and drive activities within tight timeframes
- Good team working capability
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail
Why Capgemini is unique
- We realise a Total Reward package should be move than just compensation. At Capgemini we offer range of core and flexible benefits and have a Peer Recognition Portal called Applaud.
- At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
- We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion