Location: Flexible (London/Telford)
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 14.8 billion. People matter, results count.
The HMRC Market Unit is of prime importance to the group, maintaining our position as strategic advisor to one of our largest global clients is paramount to our combined success, critical to this is our ability to maintain excellent client relations whilst offering true differentiation.
As an ambassador for Capgemini, you will be able to position the entire portfolio of offers in addition to our alliance offers (large scale strategic to startup and SME niche) creating a value proposition that is truly unique and differentiated keeping us relevant and fresh to a client who has partnered with us over the last 15 years
We deliver the full suite of Digital and Cloud services from Consulting through Development and into Service – we enable organisations to deliver business value through our industry expertise, innovation and technology enabled transformation. The aim is to provide our clients with a seamless service between IT architecture, implementation projects, applications maintenance, upgrades, renewals and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Cloud infrastructure services.
The Relationship Manager is assigned to a Client Focused Group (CFG). They have responsibility for ensuring that the Business Development function is working effectively with the relevant CFG Lead to drive sales and revenue growth from the associated HMRC CDIO Customer Group and its HMRC business area. You will have a sales focus for the CFG but will also support the P&L for the CFG.
Working closely with the Innovate and Transform Team, this individual will be responsible for creating and driving the sales pipeline, in line with the market unit’s overall business strategy and direction as outlined in the Account Plan.
Originating and nurturing the development of the business, new revenue streams and directing proposition development will be key focus areas. You will be familiar with the various sources of demand – how to identify them, nurture them and be responsible for building an active pipeline of prospective deals.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Driving growth within your CFG.
- Demand generation activities that are relevant to this CFG
- Play a lead role in devising strategies to promote Capgemini in these forums with tangible business results.
- Have accountability for improving Capgemini’s credibility within the CFG.
- Frame and drive business opportunities, leveraging the delivery teams.
- Shape and frame of propositions to meet client requirements working alongside the Delivery Team, Solution Architects and Proposal Development teams
- Responsible for sales closure of the deals following Capgemini processes and achieving the sales targets including revenues and profitability
- Able to nurture strong teams to deliver excellent outcomes for our clients with high levels of client intimacy and satisfaction.
- Ability to innovatively and constructively challenge the status quo to drive forward the business.
- Creative and innovative, with gravitas to lead CDIO / CDO / CFO and Board level meetings.
- Able to operate with a high degree of independence as well as being part of a team. Recent experience working for a Large IT or Consulting organisation with responsibility for Business Development.
- Structure and lead a team of appropriately skilled Relationship Managers, assigning them to work with the CFG to build client relationships, drive sales and revenue growth.
- Understand the cross-cutting opportunities and make the “joins” to maximise their relevance to their client.
- Support the creation of innovative offerings by providing client intelligence to Innovate & Transform.
- Work with the Head of Product Portfolio & Innovation to bring thought leadership and innovative solutions to their client.
- Ability to understand and sell the full range of Capgemini services.
- Work with the Head of Innovation & Transform in achieving the business development targets.
- Hold a network of contacts within relevant commercial organisations including software and hardware vendors, industry analysts and advisors besides prospective clients.
- Excellent understanding of the Public Sector domain and key trends affecting the same.
- Create winning value propositions that directly address HMRC CDIO Customer Group needs while remaining commercially viable and profitable.
- Provide input to the Opportunity Review Process / Sign On to qualify whether there is client demand to buy our solutions and provide a view of our winnability.
- Gain solid competitor knowledge on their client engagements.
- Input to the CFG Account strategy and plan, ensuring it aligns with the overarching MU Account Strategy.
- Develop and maintain partnership arrangements that are of relevance to their HMRC CDIO Customer Group and enhance Capgemini’s reputation within HMRC.
- Provide key inputs into business cases, opportunities and proposals that relate to their CFG.
- Provide senior point of escalation for own CFG for Business Development issues.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs