Who you’ll be working with:
We’re currently hiring Lead Product Designers to join frog in London.
frog is a global design studio, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products, services and ventures from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. frog is part of Capgemini Invent, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are frog solo teams.
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving and vibrant culture. At about 90 people here in London, our team is a mix of curious and collaborative thinkers, makers and doers, united by our passion for improving experiences across our areas of expertise.
We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and create innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging.
We work with some of the biggest and most-exciting businesses across all sorts of industries – so if you care about impact, this is a place where you can make it. We’re helping clients launch new ventures and challenging existing setups in telco, energy, financial services and retail, amongst other sectors. One of these new businesses, SMARTY, is consistently rated the best-rated mobile network on Trustpilot.
Wondering how the frog studio is working during the pandemic? Like most companies around the world, we’re embracing remote working. Our studio has slowly started to re-open (when restrictions allow) for those who’d like to spend time there – all optional of course. Our later plan is to develop a hybrid model, where some purposeful in-person working will sit alongside continued remote working. This means that to work at frog UK your fixed place of residence must be in or around London, although we appreciate you might be elsewhere within the UK right now.
An overview of the role:
You’ll be responsible for leading our multidisciplinary approach to designing and launching products, services and businesses – some of the bravest projects our clients have ever launched. You’ll also lead the advancement of our approach, help to grow our culture, coach junior members of the team, and lead and inspire our clients. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our design team is an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in research, UX, UI, visual design, and brand. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who span multiple areas of product design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas, and especially those who have been a part of teams who have launched products to market, or who have worked on products in-market. We’re flexible about what your experience is.
● Lead the delivery of complex service and product design projects
● Lead multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions and products
● Take a lead role in defining product design strategy
● Deliver quality design work, while coaching other designers, and inspire the client towards these standards
● Lead experiments and design sprints
● Lead advancing frog’s design approach
● Lead clients to successfully influence long-lasting change
● Play a leading role in our product design Community of Practice and industry and regularly share your work and ideas with the broader team and community
Why this role?
As a Lead at frog you will perform the project lead or lead practitioner role for your practice, depending on the size, complexity and needs of the project. You will provide input into or own project planning and set up to ensure that you and the team can do your best work. You will still play a hands-on role, however this will be balanced with leading others in their work, so you will shift away from some of the doing.
You will be seen by the clients as a trusted expert practitioner and you’ll need to build strong trusted relationships with these groups, listening to their needs and effectively managing their expectations. Working with a Director and Principal, you’ll help to identify opportunities to extend the current project or do other work with the client, as well as actively participating and leading in Community of Practice efforts, hiring activity for your practice and broader studio efforts.
You should have:
- Experience of product innovation, digital transformation, and customer experience design
- An understanding of the challenges and intricacies of designing for digital
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and optimising the performance of that product over time through testing and iteration
- A combination of experience across designing for mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process and proof. Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Information architecture, prototyping, personas and storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience
- Experience of facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Strong business acumen and a hunger to learn more
- The drive to deliver excellent work and lead others towards this also
- The drive to proactively identify and implement improvements to the way we work
- Experience of managing and leading teams
- Comfort leading sessions with senior clients
- The ability to mediate and mend relationships
- The instinct to recognise when something doesn’t work
- Strong feedback skills and the drive to role model these activities
- The ability to manage up and initiate difficult conversations with the project leadership team
- Comfort reflecting on your individual performance and behaviours and, together with feedback from others, you will actively seek to continuously improve
- Passion about helping to create an environment where people can do great work
- Buckets of positivity and a “can do” attitude
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.