A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” delivery group of Capgemini’s client account. The group is responsible for a wide range of data analytics solutions in support of business priorities. You’ll be working alongside Business Analysts, Solutions Architects, Software Architects, and Software Engineers across the full software and solution delivery lifecycle.
The role covers the full project lifecycle from bid/proposal stage, through requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and active involvement in solution development. You will have in depth data warehousing skills and significant experienced in delivery of large/complex data solutions. You will advise project leadership on technical issues, progress, plans to resolve. You will be comfortable attending client work-shops and providing consultancy/advice on technical decisions and designs.
- Act as technical consultant at client and internal proposal/bid/design workshops
- Analyse business requirements, translating to technical solution design, incorporating key considerations to all functional and non-functional requirements
- Break down design to component development streams, lead developers, providing quality review, technical advice and leadership to successful delivery
- Ensure development standards and processes are followed and quality software products are delivered. • Maintain hands-on elements of component development, often taking ownership for complex solution elements.
- Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of the delivery group’s technical strategy, and delivery process improvements maintaining and improving quality and efficiency of delivery.
- Act as a coach and mentor to the delivery groups wider software engineering community; maintaining an awareness of related product and toolset developments in the industry, assessing for applicability and delivering knowledge sharing to the delivery group.
- You have mastered several Software Engineering areas, applications or database environments.
- You will be a subject matter expert in data warehousing solutions and have an awareness of technology sets across the data engineering, data/devops and data analytics sphere.
- You will have a strong understanding of working with Agile software /solutions delivery, and be able to work closely with and support the Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile team members and contribute to sprint planning, sprint delivery, blocker resolution, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives and provide expert technical support and guidance to the scrum team.
- You will be a subject matter expert in data warehousing technologies : Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, Unix, Java.
It will be beneficial if you have supplementary knowledge of key technologies being:
- – Hadoop Cloudera Ecosystem
- – Pentaho DI, BA, Ctools
- – SAS – Terraform, Ansible, Artifactory
- – Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Maven
- – AWS, Azure
- – Amazon Redshift
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that a traditional working week isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.