The focus of your role
Do you have a thirst for learning and a passion for technology? Are you looking to use your creative thinking skills for a unique purpose? Are you enthusiastic about delivering amazing collaborative events and leveraging the latest technology to IGNITE CHANGE within organisations?
Capgemini’s Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE) is a world-class facilitation capability that enables our clients to address their most complex problems. We are looking for a curious and innovative Collaborative Designers, with a passion for technology, to join our team of facilitators, designers and technologists.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be joining the UK ASE team made up of around 50 highly skilled individuals, delivering from two bespoke designed locations in London and Telford as well as remotely to deliver digital engagements.
We work to support Capgemini’s most important sales and delivery priorities through designing and delivering collaborative events that are focused on driving business outcomes.
From facilitating large groups of people to creating enriching experiences, the UK ASE team each bring a variety of skills that cover the facilitation spectrum. We are a team of creative thinkers with an open, supportive culture that empowers individual and team growth.
What you’ll do
Using your unique creative skillset, and applying your passion for technology, you will be enabling your team-mates to deliver collaborative workshops using our existing technology and helping design and deliver more technically complex engagements to ignite change in organisations. To enable this, you will learn and deliver through a variety of roles that are required to run a successful engagement.
As a technical specialist, you will be required to contribute to the digital user experience for ASE engagements. This may include things like:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and enhance our existing technology to ensure we are able to deliver world class collaboration engagements (both physically and remotely)
- Work alongside your ASE colleagues to ensure they are able to use, troubleshoot and exploit existing and new technology in all their work
- Opportunity to input to and support the implementation of the technology strategy for the ASE
Through all this, you will be expected to weave in innovation and introduce new technology that enables us to continually improve our way of working and enhance the experience of our clients.
You will support the education of the team in the digital technologies used. This includes streaming & audio/visual equipment, digital mobile devices, lighting, software, hardware and other ASE technical equipment and supporting software.
Teamwork and flexibility are key to this role, so you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in other areas of the ASE’s work, including:
- Creating physical and digital spaces that inspire creative and diverse thinking in our participants
- Shaping work and draft assignments that will challenge our users to create new futures
- Creating work products our clients can connect with on all levels to disrupt the status quo
Every engagement you’re involved in will be different and delivered with a varying team of highly motivated and effective team members. Your days will be fast paced, requiring you to work closely with colleagues and clients to support the delivery of collaborative engagements that have a lasting business impact. There is an expectation that you will learn and contribute to all areas required to successfully run an event.
We are looking for someone who is excited about collaboration and has a curiosity and passion for technology – who is keen to explore innovative technical solutions which keep ASE delivery at the cutting edge.
What you’ll bring
Each of our Collaborative Designers has a uniquely valuable skillset. We’re looking for you to demonstrate:
- You are toward the start of your professional journey and keen to develop yourself
- A creative, innovative and inquisitive approach to work that consistently drives new ideas in how we work
- Excellent listening, team working and communication skills
- An ability to respond quickly in a changing environment, meeting tight deadlines and high standards
- Awareness of the O365 suite (including Teams) and/or experience in other video-conferencing and digital collaboration tools (such as Mural)
- A strong and demonstrable passion for current and emerging technology and digital trends
- Flexibility to travel, work long hours whilst on ASE deliveries
Please also let us know if you have an interest or experience in:
- Streaming platforms and/or web broadcasting (e.g. OBS)
- Video production, editing and animation
- Coding and software development
What we’ll offer you
We strongly believe that everybody’s career path is different. We will proactively support your professional development and accelerated career progression – including opportunities to grow your capability and deliver. We work in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit, and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and the cultural diversity that brings. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.