A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2017 to support HMRC’s Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront.
We have rapidly grown our capacity in the centre, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
The focus of your role
You will be working in multi-disciplinary agile scrum teams who develop software that exceeds customer expectations. You will sit at the heart of the transformation of our services with the objective of ensuring we can become a ‘Digital by Default’ organisation. Using agile methods, you will be involved in all elements of development, with a focus on how the service will be used. You will be involved in service design, code build, test, maintenance and support.
What you’ll do
• Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs. Participate in the rapid development of user-driven Digital prototypes
• Build prototypes, writing tests, codes and documentations, implementing RESTful APIs, JSON, ensuring continuous integration
• Work in cross-functional teams to write and test production quality, sustainable code for world-class new and existing systems
• Ensure that new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested for performance and are able to handle specified load
• Collaborate with all Scrum Team and Delivery Centre colleagues, providing feedback on more junior/apprenticeship developers where necessary
• Contribute to a culture of continuous service improvement in which key systems “owned” by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved
• Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment
• Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider HMRC digital team and across government
• Providing ‘second-line’ support and occasional ‘on-call’ support
What you’ll bring
- Excellent demonstrable commercial experience in programming and back-end software development in Scala
- Use and implementation of modern front-end web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON
- TDD (Test Driven Development) experience
- Good understanding of web/agile technologies & protocols
- Demonstrable experience in automated testing solutions
- Proven problem-solving skills: able to logically break down a problem into smaller manageable parts to solve
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Proven ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
Demonstrable knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.