A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
Since 2015, our Digital Delivery Centre has been poised to fulfil the government’s ‘digital by default’ ambitions. It’s about making the world of digital the natural place for people to go, whenever they want to access public services. In just 18 months, this dedicated centre has experienced rapid growth of almost 85%. Now, we need a talented Java or Scala Developer to join us and be part of this exciting transformation
The focus of your role
At the heart of these changes, you’ll develop the software that surpasses expectations. You’ll be a valued member of our multi-disciplinary agile scrum team, and involved in all aspects of development–from service design, to code build, test, maintenance and support. At all times, your focus will be on agile methodology and how the service will be used.
What you’ll do
- You’ll build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meets well-defined user needs.
- You’ll work on the rapid development of user-driven digital prototypes, writing tests, codes and documentations, implementing RESTful APIs and JSON, ensuring continuous integration.
- You’ll innovate, contribute, and support junior colleagues.
- You’ll make your mark on a culture of continuous service improvement and continuous integration, contributing to a robust automated test suite.
- You’ll share your expertise with a range of technical and non-technical minds at Capgemini and across government.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent commercial experience in programming and back-end software development, in either Scala (preferred) or Java8.
- A strong understanding of web/agile technologies and protocols.
- The ability to implement modern front-end web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, and JSON.
- An understanding of automated testing solutions.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.