Working as part of the UK ITSC Team the person would continue to be based at their current Capgemini UK site. The person would work proactively with clients, suppliers and Capgemini personnel to allow business operations to continue in the event of an invocation or similarly adverse conditions. This would be achieved by the introduction of appropriate resilience strategies, recovery objectives and business continuity plans.
The main requirements of the role are: –
• Day-to-day management of accounts and the workload associated with the delivery of service;
• Contribute to, develop and maintain BC and DR standards, procedures, methodologies and templates for the team and adopt current team standards into work you deliver.
• Develop and maintain client Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans;
• Develop testing schedules and provide input into client ITSC and BC strategy, gaining approval from all stakeholders, including management, recovery team leads, affected clients, etc.;
• Develop and gain approval for BC and DR rehearsal documentation that defines the scope, objectives and performance details of the planned exercises;
• Prepare, execute and track progress of the rehearsal while moving the recovery team toward successful completion of the exercise;
• Conduct Post Rehearsal meetings with recovery team leads and selected clients to identify and document issues related to recovery technologies, processes and support issues;
• Update the BC and DR plans using the information gathered from the exercise and republish and distribute to recovery team leads and management as approved;
• Understand and provide ITSC/BC service within the limitations and requirements of the client’s contractual service levels or those specifically formally agreed with service management or the client.
The ITSC Manager would have overall responsibility for planning and project management type activities required during the rehearsal and invocation processes. The successful candidate will be expected to work across different accounts and therefore will be expected to be able to gain the necessary security clearance.
Candidates should have an eye for detail, be self-motivated, innovative, enthusiastic, willing to learn and be able to work with little supervision. The individual should be prepared to liaise with technical teams, account management and be prepared to present new ideas, lessons learnt and useful information to the rest of team.
• Minimum of 5 years IT Service Continuity / Business Continuity delivery experience and has outstanding skill set and knowledge that reflects the company’s immediate and future needs
• Has a very good track record of delivering to client expectations;
• Works very effectively with clients & colleagues, has excellent relationships with both and is well respected;
• Managing other team resources in the delivery of service – the team resources could be in India, UK or any of Capgemini’s global regions;
• Ability to work with senior management levels within Capgemini and client organisations.
• Ability to develop and specify ideas and proposals for implementing and improving the ITSC/BC DR program, sharing knowledge as appropriate.
While we're a global consultancy, we're made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/”