Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
We are looking for an Innovation Consultant to join the Idea Development team in our London office. We’re looking for someone with the ability to think strategically and creatively, and with experience and passion for developing and expressing new ideas and opportunities. You should be self-propelled by relentless curiosity, resourceful in scouring the world for insight and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You should have experience generating powerful consumer insights, developing breakthrough innovation solutions and crafting new product, service and business model concepts for FTSE 250 and Fortune 500 companies across a range of industries. We have a team of twenty working out of our office in Shoreditch. Our office environment is open, modern and bright; o
An overview of the role:
As an Innovation Consultant in our Idea Development team, you would be responsible for:
- Designing and overseeing qualitative research activities, from traditional focus groups to, to digital diaries and communities, to more agile testing methodologies
- Generating and articulating thought-provoking consumer insights
- Leading the development and design of new product, service and business model ideas
- Framing portfolio strategies based on strategic and consumer insight
- Writing and optimising concise and compelling research concepts with precision
- Stimulating and inspiring cross-functional teams – both internally and externally
- Presenting key deliverables to senior executives with our clients’ organisations
- Owning the development of specific deliverables within a project
- Supporting more senior members of the team in client management as needed
You would have regular contact with executives at FTSE 250 and Fortune 500 companies, and as a result be, exceptionally capable at rapid problem solving, and nurturing relationships with client partners. You would be responsible for working with cross-functional project teams within Fahrenheit 212 and working closely with Engagement Managers in our Commercial Strategy team across all projects.
Why this role?
When we recruit Innovation Consultants, we are looking not just for candidates who can fulfill the role outlined above, but also candidates we believe have the potential to ultimately become Directors and play a leadership role in the firm.
You likely have a graduate degree, and experience working in the field of innovation—for an innovation consulting firm, a design firm or within a corporate innovation team. You should also have significant experience leading a cross-functional team and collaborating with clients and external partners. You should be a lateral thinker adept at uncovering the themes and critical pieces of information that can spark game-changing innovations. You should be self-propelled by restless curiosity, resourceful in scouring the world for insight, comfortable in a highly charged idea-centric environment, fascinated with changing the world, able to move seamlessly from high altitude thinking to the tangible and practical, and be comfortable—if not, at home—in ambiguity and uncertainty. You likely consider yourself to be the most creative and restless member of whatever company you’re currently working for.
You should be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Powerful Storytelling. You should have an intuitive ability to represent complex concepts in a clear, concise and compelling way.
- Engaging Presentation Skills. You should be experienced and comfortable presenting to large groups and delivering inspiring and engaging presentations.
- Creative Sensibilities. You should have an aesthetic appreciation, and ideally experience working with creative teams across a range of disciplines and deliverables. Experience in branding, naming and visual and/or experience design are a plus.
- Diverse Experience. We don’t specialise in any particular industry or category, and as such you should be able to demonstrate a range of category experience. Experience in financial services, consumer products and retail are a particular plus at the moment.
- Commercially Conversant: Whilst you will be working alongside colleagues from our Commercial Strategy team who are responsible for the commercial angle of our work, good understanding of our how clients’ businesses and sectors work is important.
- Tech Conversant. You should have a good understanding of emerging technologies and their impact to consumer behaviour and market dynamics. Foundational understanding of product and software development models is a plus.
- Inspiring Leadership Style. You have proven the ability to inspire internal teams and clients to push the boundaries of what they thought was possible.
- Contagious Passion. You should be constantly seeking and collecting inspiration for transformational innovation and enjoy stoking the inspirational flames of those around you; one of our mantras is, “amaze each other daily.
- Considered Opinions. You should be able to form thoughtful and considered perspectives on any given topic, supported by both objective fact and strategic conviction.
- Exceptional EQ: Whilst you should be confident and charismatic, you must also demonstrate humility and open-mindedness to the ideas of others and be more concerned with the team ultimately being correct than yourself.
- Exceptionally Articulate. Whilst English does not need to be your native language, you must demonstrate exceptional command of the language in both writing and speech, being able to leverage it with nuance, when appropriate, panache.
- Experience working in sectors that operate in complex regulatory environments like Financial Services or healthcare would be a plus.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/