Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Infrastructure Services have recently streamlined their operations around a global IT services supply chain model. As part of this initiative, they have established a global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result, the Cloud Practice is looking to build on its architect team by recruiting experienced cloud architects and consultants.
The focus of your role
The focus of the role is to assist clients in optimising their use of cloud resources (public and private) as part of a balanced IT supply portfolio. As such, the successful applicants will have a wealth of exposure in projects that exploit public cloud services and be capable of engaging predominantly on customer projects covering the full life cycle from proposal/justification to project design/build.
What you’ll do
The Cloud Architect is a key role within the Capgemini Infrastructure business to enable our customers journey to leverage cloud and develop a hybrid cloud / bimodal operating model.
In this role the Cloud Architect engages closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying cloud solutions.
The candidate will be expected to work as part of a pre-sales team in the proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of the cloud transformation project covering the design and implementation phases of the project before handing over to support and operations teams.
It is anticipated that individuals will either be an architect with significant specialism in either AWS or Azure. Preference will be given to candidates with strong enterprise architecture background as well as the requisite technical knowledge & expertise.
What you’ll bring
• Detailed knowledge of either AWS or Azure platform features, capabilities and how to optimise these for an engagement
• Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
• Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
• Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
• Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure/AWS
• Manage cloud risk & compliance assessments with the customer
• Building and recommending a migration approach to lift and shift the workloads to Azure /AWS or architecting a green field development and/or production platform for new applications. Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies
• Network integration experience with AWS Direct Connect or Azure Express route integration and network design (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
• Identity and access integration AWS IAM, Azure IDaaS, AAD
• Thorough background on general infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, application structure (2-tier, 3-tier), Identity, Security (Encryption, PKI), load balancing, clients (workstations, laptops, Thin client), Mobility, etc.
• Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (e.g. ITIL)
• Ability to perform and conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions
• Must be fully flexible and mobile across the UK for extended periods and potentially across the Capgemini Group
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.