Industrial Placement Software Developer 2019
Location : Telford
Intakes: 2nd Sept, 2019
Who you’ll be working with
Our industry-leading developing and engineering community are at the top of their game. Responsible for some of the world’s most imaginative websites, applications and technical advancements, they refuse to be constrained by the limits of today’s technology – instead developing for tomorrow’s needs. From the most senior field experts to those just starting out in their careers, this is a team that works together to blow the competition out of the water.
The Focus of Your Role
The Developer will work within a Development team, and may be involved in development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
What you’ll do
- Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
- Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Assisting the Team Leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Team Leader, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
- Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
- Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
What you’ll bring
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, Knowledge of SLC/RAE methodology,
- Knowledge of RUP methodology & supporting Rational toolset, OO Analysis & Design techniques
- Good written and verbal communication skills, Problem solving and creativity skills, Honesty and Integrity, Eagerness to learn, Drive and energy, Professional appearance
- Knowledge of HMRC business
- Business Objects
- Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
- Business Intelligence
- Warehouse Design
- Data Modelling
- Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem Management
- Awareness of Configuration Management
What we’ll offer you
An industry-leading career. Access to innovative projects – and entrepreneurial colleagues. A team atmosphere where horizon-expanding challenges are matched with limitless professional opportunities. At Capgemini, we don’t just have a passion for the potential within technology, we live and breathe it. It’s a passion that our people share too. So if you want to work in an organisation that celebrates ambition and creativity, and rewards hard work with a flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your life-stage, then you’ll be a natural fit here.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Find out more and apply
This role requires security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.