A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Capgemini’s Cybersecurity Practice delivers projects and consulting services in all areas of IT and OT, from networks to cloud services and everything in between. Our services include high-level consulting, strategy and business case development, architecture design and implementation across all market sectors including government and secure sectors.
Capgemini has over 3000 Cybersecurity professionals (over 300 in the UK) to help define and implement our clients’ cybersecurity strategies. We protect their IT, industrial systems and the ever-growing number of products and systems enabled by cloud and the Internet of Things (IoT). As trusted advisors, we also strengthen their defences, optimize their investments and control their risks.
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of services that maps across IT advisory, design, implementation and ongoing management, to serve as true an end-to-end capability partner entirely aligned to business outcomes. A solution that is efficient, scalable and secure, that strikes a balance between flexibility and cost, while facilitating innovation and future business planning. The result is improved service quality, productivity and end-user gratification.
Your primary goal is to deliver a premier IAM Consulting capability. Capgemini recognise the value that IAM services provide in enabling IT-related change to our customers. We can only deliver this value by offering a breadth and depth of services that we believe to be standout in the marketplace.
• You will take a business-centric approach to IAM.
• Joining Capgemini’s IAM team will give you the scope to work at the very forefront of IAM.
• To act as a genuine thought-leader, you’ll be given the opportunity to push the boundaries of IAM by working with customer organisations and leading vendors to build creative solutions.
• You’ll be part of a growing team, working alongside and sharing knowledge with renowned IAM authorities across the globe.
• You’ll be appreciated for being part of something much bigger, contributing not only to Enterprise Information Security initiatives, but enabling Capgemini’s latest customer-centric Digital, Cloud and Mobility offerings.
• Independence. Our IAM consultants to be resourceful and to have detailed, practical experience of implementing IAM solutions.
• Competence. You are comfortable with developing IAM requirements, establishing IAM architectural designs across business, process and technical viewpoints, and to provide us with demonstrable examples of how they have delivered or led successful IAM projects within at least one industry sector.
• Your Experience of working as client-side advisors or of taking lead responsibility on major IAM initiatives involving several IAM technologies and standards.
• Particularly valuable to us is your hands on experience in IAM tools such as ForgeRock, RSA, Azure AD, Ping and SailPoint and CyberArk IAM product sets.
• Your ability to offer the flexibility and to be a part of the pre-sales process; in addition to providing Consultancy expertise.
• Your working knowledge of IDaaS solutions and Cloud Services is highly desirable.
• Must be agile in terms of travel to client sites around the UK.
• Ideally will be able to obtain Security Clearance (Desirable).
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
While most of the team work on client locations across the UK, and this gives access to diverse and interesting opportunities, we want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that a traditional working week isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week but travel to client sites within the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.