HR Engagement Manager
London and/or Woking
Full-time (would consider some flexibility but no less than 4 days with at least 3 in London & 1 in Woking)
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual that is looking for a new HR challenge. The successful individual will work within the Capgemini Core Services UK HR Manager Team and will play an integral part in advising, engaging and supporting our business as a HR Engagement Manager.
Who you’ll be working with:
This role is based within the UK Core Service functions which is home to business specialists who support the UK business and the global teams based in the UK.
This is an opportunity to work with our Capgemini Invent Global Business Line. Capgemini Invent are the the digital innovation, consulting and transformation business of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. We’re located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, and our 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future. https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/
The focus of your role
The role of HR Engagement Manager is to provide generalist HR support within a client facing role working with your HR colleagues who sit in our specialist HR Pillars who provide specialist advice around Wellbeing, Probation & Performance Improvement, Resolution & Employee Relations and the wider HR Shared Services Team. The team operates a rotational model to allow us to flex according to business needs.
This role primarily a client facing HR generalist role for our Practices. Supporting the HR Business Partners, the role will require a team member who can balance the HR needs of their client along with other client/project requirements within the broader HR Manager Team, developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
This is a position of continual development and you will be encouraged to develop your skills and capabilities in order to excel in the role both professionally and personally. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career in an organisation that is passionate about its work and its people.
What you’ll do
- Contribution and alignment to the client’s HR Business Partner activities and objectives providing value in terms of specific measures.
- Providing well-constructed advice and solutions, promoting best practice & innovative thinking on case management with resolution at the heart.
- Active use of HR data to identify and understand alignment of people and business priorities as well as identify where change/improvement can bring business and HR benefit.
- Regular and in-depth tracking and reporting to the business on all elements of people data, at all levels of the organization
- Engage with the organisation’s employee base on a constant basis, taking part in the business to fully understand business challenges, whilst also helping employees navigate the wealth of resources available
- Contribution to business area’s people agenda through projects and initiatives.
- Management of small HR projects and initiatives including people management education & training.
- Input to and implementation of new and refreshed Employment policies and procedures.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience in a HR generalist role with a good understanding of employment law, case management, TUPE and Settlement Agreements
- Commercial focus with developing ability to articulate HR in terms of business benefit.
- Keen to challenge “accepted practice” where appropriate and have the drive for seeking out and delivering value add work.
- Ability to balance policy and process with a pragmatic and commercial approach to case handling which meets the requirements of the business and mitigates risk to the organisation.
- Ability to interpret data and identify trends, leading to presentation of solutions to senior business leaders.
- Ability to analyze complex data sets with ease and the highest level of precision.
- Be able to prioritise and proactively manage multiple HR cases whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to smoothly navigate and manage complex stakeholder relationships in a matrix organisation.
- Articulate and diplomatic communicator who can engage with a wide network of stakeholders and manage their needs.
- An excellent team player with the ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues acting as part of one HR team.
- CIPD qualified or HR related degree.
- Excellent Excel & MS Office skills.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that a traditional working week isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly.