The Focus of Your Role
The Head of Projects & Consulting delivery for NEU is responsible for overseeing and delivering the end to end management of the NEU Projects portfolio to schedule, budget and quality up to the point of acceptance into Service where applicable.
- Takes full accountability for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting for the work of the function, within agreed policies. Establishes and operates process and systems to track and monitor progress, take corrective action and produce reports as required by senior management.
- Will need to have successfully lead and manage the programme/project teams and stakeholders and have industry expertise recognised by Capgemini’s clients.
- Has a full range of strategic management and leadership skills. Understands, explains and presents complex technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels including C-level Executives in a persuasive and convincing manner. Takes the initiative to keep both own and subordinates’ skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the broader IT market
What You’ll Do
- Be accountable for programme delivery across the NEU Projects and Consulting group of accounts, including financial performance, meeting the business plan, operational excellence, delivery performance and people management.
- Ensure project management delivery resources successfully execute to agreed schedule, budget and scope
- Ensure that staff perform the relevant programme/project management processes including: scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management
- Accountable for planning and managing change, both scope and financials within agreed tolerance
- Ensure the delivery teams for the NEU Portfolio use the toolset of choice in an accurate and consistent manner
- Manage communications with management and stakeholders
- Manage the NEU portfolio of Projects with the P&C resources (through central resources team) to enable successful and timely completion of the programme/projects.
- Performs gate reviews and quality assurance reviews during pre-sales and delivery execution phases
- Delivery of Project, Programmes and Bids assuring alignment to the overall business and technology strategies
- Proactively promotes the identification of risks and issues across the Region and manages them
- Provide the Engagement Management components to bids and support the Pre-Sales Team
- Identifies potential points of contention for missed deliverables; creates and implements strategy to mitigate shortfalls in timeline, budget and commercial implications with clients
- Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works across Portfolio to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Own Demand management for the Engagement and Project Manager resource pool within NEU Projects and Consulting, and have overall ownership of the resourcing and capability needs and fulfilment
- Ensure that Project and Programme capability is delivered cost effectively with appropriately skilled individuals, and meet (recoverable) utilisation targets
- To initiate and own improvements in project and programme methods & capabilities.
- Line management and career management of all programme and project management staff. Manage an extended delivery team, driving delivery and applying a wide management capability including the setting of objectives.
- Develop and learn from each project/service and enhance the quality of management capability and process by developing personal and team skills to the highest standard possible and through participation in and contribution to the development of the Engagement Management Community.
What You’ll Bring
- A wide and detailed experience of Programme and Project Delivery in the IT space from either an end user or competitor organisation, together with detailed understanding of the principles of business and markets and sound experience of relevant business sectors.
- Strong planning, communication and presentation skills, the capability to listen and influence and therefore have strong conflict management skills.
- Be able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of the organisation’s policy framework, organisational relationships, business processes, reporting procedures, and existing and planned information systems and services.
- Strong reputation within the Projects and Programmes discipline and has the appropriate gravitas.
What We’ll Offer You
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why We’re Different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.