Who you’ll be working with
As a graphic designer on one of Capgemini’s major accounts, you will join a creative and diverse team who play a valued role in translating business strategy and organisational priorities into tangible communications deliverables. The internal communications team consists of an internal communications manager, a channel manager, a small team of internal communications business partners and a small team of graphic designers. The team culture is supportive and open – we work in an agile fashion to collaborate effectively and work as efficiently as possible. This means flexibility is key; being adaptable and open, and seeing the success of the team as more important than individual pursuits. The work is varied and there is plenty of it!
The focus of your role
In this role you will work within the design team to deliver best-in-class digital and print media to enhance internal communication campaigns. You will need an ability to work to short deadlines and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
What you’ll do
- Develop a range of digital media, complying with brand guidelines, to support and enhance the impact and reach of communications campaigns.
- Work with communications business partners and internal stakeholders to understand business objectives, suggesting and developing the most appropriate media to meet those goals.
- Comply with and contribute to the development of standard design processes within the team. You may need to pass work to others and/or pick up work from others as priorities change.
- Keep up to date with the latest design industry trends, sharing experience, knowledge and new ideas with the rest of the team.
- Work collaboratively with fellow designers, actively seeking and offering constructive feedback.
- Create and edit intranet pages in our bespoke CMS system.
Advantageous but not essential skills
- Technical skills of any nature will be an advantage in your application, but this is primarily a design role.
- Videography and photography skills, including DSLR operation and editing in Premiere.
- An understanding of User Experience and design for effective communication.
- A graphic design or multimedia qualification.
What you’ll bring
- Three to five years plus experience working as a graphic designer, as well as good all round technical skills; you should be able to write some HTML and CSS, and have a strong understanding of different media file types.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite in a Windows based environment.
- Excellent typography skills and an eye for detail.
- A diverse portfolio which demonstrates proficiency in the artworking of brochures, banners, presentations, posters and other media.
- An ability to challenge requirements, as appropriate and based on your design knowledge and experience, to ensure the business goals can be achieved. You will need to be able to clearly and confidently articulate design recommendations and choices.
- A creative, innovative and inquisitive approach to work. You will also have strong listening, teamworking and communication skills.
- An ability to work quickly in a changing environment, ensuring tight time schedules and deadlines are met to an appropriate standard, and peers and stakeholders are kept informed.
- Pro-active, positive attitude, with an ardent desire for learning and self-development, and an ability to work on your own initiative.