The APS eSolutions group (Application Production Support Electronic Markets) is a global team providing services directly to the global FX, Rates, Credit, Commodities, OTC Clearing, Cash management, Primary Syndicate & Client and sales facing eCommerce businesses within the Global Markets IT of our client.
The team is concerned with the production support – both functional and technical – and it manages all changes in the Production environment to facilitate an agile business support. The systems are used globally with major data centre hubs in London, NY, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore.
The eCommerce APS supports all applications in the BNPP eCommerce (Client Facing) suit. Almost all the applications are in-house developed with custom built feature sets. Team members are expected to support all the applications in the suit which may come under different business lines. Team members participate in a 7 am to 6 pm five days a week shift rota in addition to post-release checks during week nights and weekends as required.
Day to day Functional support
- Provides first level support for internal clients and second level for external clients
- User queries maybe functional or technical in nature. Team’s responsibility is to own all queries and provide solutions
- Coordinate with other APS teams
Incident and Problem Management
- Communicates with internal users and management over incidents and post-mortems
- Ensures all support issues are correctly logged in the Bank incident management system with relevant details (downtime, slowness etc.) and ownership of their resolution
- Diagnoses issues: establishes their root case.
- Initiates task force over critical incidents
- Liaises with upstream and downstream systems support teams as appropriate
Application Monitoring and follow up
- Monitors application state and input/output data correctness throughout the day, hand-over with follow the sun support teams
- Updates the relevant Production KPIs
Knowledge Management and Documentation
- Owns team knowledge base on wiki for all in-scope applications
- Provides support to end-users on how to use the application
- Ensures regional support teams are trained as required for a follow-the-sun support model, in particular over new releases
- Communicates a daily handover document to Follow-The-Sun support teams, where appropriate
Continuous Service Level improvement
- Contributes to capacity management of in-scope applications: proactively tracks trends in application behaviour, and alerts Application Production and Development teams of any potential risks in the future
- Ensures that all application support logs are fit for purpose, ie meaningful and actionable.
- Actively seeks reduction of dependency on manual interventions by support staff, e.g leveraging enterprise batch scheduling and enterprise monitoring tools
Maintenance and enhancements
- Participates to release cycles for functional validation on staging/preproduction and production environments – in particular for logs
- Review release and coordinate around deployment/post release checks
- Communicates Release Notes to internal users and globally based client service desks
- Liaises with the IT development teams to ensure enhancements and bug fixes are prioritised, and completed as appropriate
- Takes part in release operations when required (eg. configuration changes).
- Participates to DRP and BCP exercises
- Highly motivated with an ability to learn & master large and complex software systems
- Mathematical or/and IT background is preferred.
- Candidates with have relevant experience in a similar role, the majority of which gained within Front Office Trading will have preference. Experience in providing support as part of a team with practical understanding of the criticality of trading applications will be a plus point.
- The role focuses on a wide range of financial products and technologies. Hence candidates with additional finance background will be desirable.
Good working knowledge of :
- Any of FX, Rates, Commodities, Syndicate trading
- Structured/Derivatives products – pricing, risk
- SQL Skills
- SQL Server, Oracle
- Python scripting
Basic knowledge of :
- Windows, UNIX
- BMC software (BladeLogic, Middleware and transaction management)
- Market Data mechanisms
- Distributed systems
- TCP/IP, TIBCO RV, TIBCO Business Works, MQ, Java, C#/.NET, HTTP
- Knowledge of Capital Markets environments
- Good knowledge on financial services with a focus on Front Office and eCommerce
- Good functional knowledge on financial products : eg. Interest Rates. Bonds, FX, Treasury
- Basic knowledge on systems (Unix, Linux, Windows)
- Good knowledge on Web application servers and portals
- Good Databases skills – SQL queries writing and analysis
- Good scripting skills (eg. Perl, Shell, Python)
- Practical understanding of production processes, including change and release management
- Good incident and problem management skills, with knowledge of ITIL will be beneficial
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.