This role is a position within the FX eTrading Application Production team in London, which is part of the APS eSolutions group (Application Production & Support – eSolutions). This a global team providing services to the global FX business within the client's CIB Global Markets trading room.
The team provides technical support for all back-end components running on FX eTrading environments (more than 600 servers – Windows and Linux). The team also manages connectivity to many electronic trading venues (ICAP/EBS, Reuters FX Matching, Currenex, CBOE-HotSpot, LMAX, Euronext FastMatch, CME, Bloomberg, MOEX …). Production systems are mainly installed in London, New York, Tokyo and Singapore and most of them live 24/5. Follow-the-sun support model is in place, involving teams in London, New York, Montreal, Singapore and Mumbai.
Systems are complex so as part of support activities the range of technical skills involved is wide.
All team members are expected to quickly develop, or already have, a good understanding of eTrading systems (not necessarily FX). All engineers within the team have applications (mainly BNPP proprietary software) and technologies allocated to them and they are expected to take ownership and be, or quickly become experts in these areas.
The team also provides on-call support.
- Day-to-day management of production: monitoring, capacity management, problem resolution activities, change management.
- Responsible for efficient resolution of issues to minimize impact to clients and internal users including liaising with end users, team members, management, vendors, other internal IT teams…
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of technical support systems.
- Perform activities related to implementation and rollout for upgrades of existing services.
- Work closely with development teams, business analysts, architects, all infrastructure teams to design and setup new systems, improve existing platforms (resilience, high availability, performance, low-latency…).
- Coordinate and organise changes with external vendors, markets, ECNs.
- Plan, schedule, implement and document the change activities.
- Improve team documentation, keep it up-to-date and share knowledge with global team
- Strong all-around IT background and proven experience in electronic trading markets on similar environments
- Strong understanding of Linux (Redhat) operating systems to be able to tune platforms for optimum performance
- Scripting (Python, Shell, SQL….) and development skills for administration, monitoring and support tools
- Good network and firewall infrastructure understanding
- Good understanding of multicast messaging (ideally in a Tibco RendezVous environment)
- Ability to analyse network captures
- Project management skills to deliver medium scale projects
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.