Any UK Base
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
This Capgemini Front End Developer role puts software engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery. As part of the Web Platforms Team in our Digital Customer Experience unit, you’ll help us produce web platforms for a range of enterprise clients. All your close colleagues will be first and foremost engineers – technical experts who love using Open Source to create complex content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce solutions.
The focus of your role
This is a challenge for a Front End Developer, capable of leading the development and delivery of engaging mobile, tablet and desktop web experiences for our ambitious clients.
What you’ll do
• Work as part of agile development teams to deliver robust, engaging and usable solutions
• Take personal responsibility for components’ technical delivery – collaborative with senior developers and architects to design robust, scalable technical solutions.
• Continually improve our front end development teams’ development processes, practices, tools and techniques.
• Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues, helping the team to grow their skills.
• Work with clients and internal teams to develop new opportunities and open source projects and initiatives.
What you’ll bring
• Experience of integrating with third-party APIs
• Experience using SASS or another CSS pre-processor.
• Practical knowledge of using Grunt, Gulp or similar tools to automate tasks.
• Version control software (Git) expertise, and a deep understanding of web standards, accessibility and best practice.
• A portfolio with examples of responsive design and multiple browsers
• Demonstrable experience in Test Driven or Behaviour Driven Development.
• Experience of working in agile teams, and delivering optimised integrated web solutions.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.