frog is one of the world’s most successful innovation and design companies and has recently turbo-charged our UK business through a number of mergers and acquisitions.
We’re growing fast, and our next move is to build on our global heritage in brand consultancy and launch a market leading UK brand offer.
Why join frog?
frog partners with customer-centric enterprises to drive sustainable growth, by building and orchestrating experiences at scale, while harnessing the power of data and technology.
We’re inventing the future of customer experiences by delivering market-defining business models, products, services, brand engagements and communications.
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
We believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
In London, we’re a team of 80+ product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists, and part of a global network of frog studios and the broader Capgemini group. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst many other sectors.
As a Technology Director you will define the path that frog takes in delivering technology strategy and solutions for our clients, now and in the future. This is a multi-faceted lead role. It is as much about leading as it is learning and developing your skills and those of the teams around you. Our environment is very flexible, collaborative and varied in the work we do – we aim for this to be the place where you can do your best work.
You will lead our technology teams and collaborate with the other frog disciplines to ensure we deliver ground-breaking digital experiences to our clients. The Technology Director will play a key part in the growth of the technology offering at frog and therefore be comfortable forming and owning relationships with our clients.
You will be responsible for the technology that powers the experiences and digital products that we build; if it’s technical, you own it. It breaks down like this:
• Technical leadership – being clear on the direction that technology needs to go in, how it will get there, and what the benefits will be for our clients.
• Stakeholder management – own relationships with our C-Level clients, becoming a trusted advisor to technical and non-technical groups alike.
• Delivering value to our clients as quickly as possible. In technology terms, this means we get stuff built and shipped and into customers’ hands without compromising quality.
• New feature design – work with our product managers and designers to design, scope and prioritise new features.
• Development and deployment methodology – how do features get planned, built and deployed? Ensuring we start projects efficiently, but with an eye on the long-term lifecycle of an enterprise-grade product.
• Championing Agile best practices, DevOps culture and Continuous Delivery.
• Lead, coach and support engineers – work with them to do their best work helping them along the way.
• Technical quality – owning the technical backlog and technical quality of the product.
We work with a lot of different technologies. We don’t have set technology stacks, although we lean towards cross-platform and open source frameworks, using cloud services that let us get stuff done quickly. Most of our recent work has used React, Node.js and Cloud serverless solutions. You’ll play a key role in helping ensure we’ve got an eye on what trends are coming next too.
Be one of our technology leaders
• Lead or support with new business opportunities – ensuring Technology is an integral part of the work we’re doing with our clients from early stage strategy, experimentation and MVPs to scaled product development and operation.
• Be comfortable with the technology patterns used by startups and enterprise corporates and know when to choose them as appropriate with our clients.
• Bring a level of commercial awareness to the team, ensuring the full cost of ownership is understood; from project inception, through to delivery with repeated iteration and enhancement.
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams, spanning design to product engineering.
• Bring together our internal technology teams, guiding and coaching across our Community of Practice – building and enhancing the careers of our team.
• Be an advocate for technology excellence across all our projects, aligning the importance of user-centered feature design with the essentials of high quality code and non-functional requirements.
• Be entrepreneurial in spirit, making best use of all the tools available to you, across frog globally and our wider Capgemini family.
Work well with people
• Communicate technical design and complexity into non-technical language for stakeholders outside of the development team or process.
• Encourage a culture of learning, sharing resources and providing reinforcement of individuals goals within the development team.
• Help to grow our technology team. Being actively involved in recruitment and onboarding activities. while mentoring and working closely with our team to help them develop their careers and be the best they can.
• Provide vision not dictation around the work we do and how we do it.
Encourage sharing of knowledge
• Ensure a high standard of documentation within projects covering technical design, architecture patterns, ways of working and specific features.
• Refine and continually improve processes around software reviews, reduce complex conversations into tangible documentation.
• Reduce silos of technical knowledge of critical systems and processes.
• Lead efforts to standardise the approach we take in implementing our solutions and technology-stack across our clients.
• Demonstrable experience delivering technical projects from conception to production to growth.
• A comprehensive technical background and experience with a range of modern technologies and architectures. Knowledge of a particular language isn’t as important as your grasp of the pros/cons and tradeoffs each brings.
• Experience working with and championing modern approaches to building innovative products, and effective technology teams – such as Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery, and Infrastructure as Code.
• A contemporary attitude and approach to building innovative products and digital experiences that put user needs first.
• The ability to represent the technology perspective internally across frog as well as to our clients at management or board level.
• The ability to set the technical direction and goals on a project, create a productive working environment, and support our developers to grow.
• Experience of technology renewal, digital transformation projects, data science, machine learning or managing remote teams would be nice to have.
• Comfort reflecting on your individual performance and behaviours and, together with feedback from others, actively seek to continuously improve.
• Buckets of positivity and a “can do” attitude.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
What makes us tick?
At heart we’re a strategy, design & innovation company and like to think we’ve played a big role in shaping the way brands connect with customers. From working with Steve Jobs on Apple’s design language, through to reinventing Disney’s Theme Parks, and even partnering with Porsche to turbocharge their products.
Three beliefs underpin our culture & frame the type of people who excel at frog:
• Being a challenger brand: a home for rebels and disruptors who want to do their best work
• Making our mark: fanatically improving our world and having real impact by crafting things people love
• A belief in the power of emotion and in not compromising on quality
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog and Capgemini Invent are Equal Opportunity Employers encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.
Since June 2021, frog is part of Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses.
Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Make Your Mark