Holborn, London, UK
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
The UK marketing and communications team work closely with the business to support the ambition for growth. With expertise in sector focused, integrated marketing campaigns, event management, account based marketing programmes, pursuit support and external communications, the team supports the business strategy by building brand awareness, enhancing our offers and driving market and mind share.
The successful candidate will be able to support the delivery of multiple and varied external communications activities in line with the sector focused marketing plan. The role will report into the External Communications Lead and work closely with the extended marketing team in support of the UK Marketing & Communications priorities.
From media relations, social media and blogs to paid promotion, SEO and an employee advocacy programme, you will be involved in promoting Capgemini’s thought leadership, offers and capabilities, as well as the Talent and CSR stories, to reach UK decision makers in key sectors (including retail, consumer products, energy and utilities, public sector, manufacturing, automotive, transport and telecoms). Working with marketing managers and our PR agency, you will support the design and implementation of external communications campaigns at sector and offer level.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working with the PR agency on proactive media activities and news flow planning
• Responding efficiently and effectively to in-bound media requests and building relationships with key reporters
• Working closely with the business to identify PR opportunities; be responsible for the flow of information to the PR agency
• Briefing and coaching our key subject matter experts to develop the right messaging and approach to media enquiries
• Supporting the development of blog posts, press releases, media comments, messaging documents, social media copy and other thought leadership content
• Ensuring all appropriate approvals are in place for all PR activity
• Reporting on effectiveness of the PR activity to a wide range of internal stakeholders
• Developing and managing key digital channels, including the UK website and social media channels
• Supporting the digital components of the marketing campaigns and event activations
• Translating global social media campaigns for local needs in the most compelling and effective way
• Supporting Capgemini’s employee advocacy programme
• Collaborating with marketing colleagues on initiatives and sharing learnings, insights and ideas
• Providing our senior executives and teams across the business with communications counsel and best practice
• Sharing ideas and insight into trends in media and digital, and opportunities for Capgemini
• Participating in international PR network and best practice sharing
• Working effectively with suppliers, partners and clients
• Previous experience (1-3 years) in a PR/media relations role (B2B PR agency experience preferred)
• Experience or interest in creating content for and managing digital (website and social) channels
• Interest in technology / digital transformation topics
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders of all levels
• Good writing, proof reading and editing skills; outstanding attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines
• Team player but also able to work on own initiative
• Creative and innovative – always looking to improve and add value
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.