Working Pattern: Full Time, permanent
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the premier technology consulting organisations in the UK. Within the Packaged Software division, which covers the traditional enterprise giants including SAP and Oracle; we regularly push the boundaries of what enterprise technology can do to underpin some of the most complex and interesting digital business transformation programmes underway at the moment.
The focus of your role
Cloud technologies and platforms are driving a significant change in the market both from a customer and from a consultancy perspective. These changes provide a significant opportunity for Capgemini UK to engage with our clients to help them take advantage of these new technologies to create more agile and cost effective platforms to underpin their enterprise applications.
This Cloud focus requires we have architects who are able to understand the business drivers for the migration to the cloud, and cloud based solutions, as well as the practical considerations for implementation. Reporting to the Head of Architecture for the Packaged Software division, you will be responsible for helping shape and drive our Cloud go-to-market strategy and the projects that arise from it.
What you’ll do
- Deliver the IT Business Case and engage with C-Level Executives to convince them of the business merits of a migration to new SAP Technologies;
- Defining and shaping roadmaps to support the migration to the new solution footprint – including analysis of existing landscapes to determine migration feasibility, identify business case drivers and business benefits to support the case for migration – particularly in your functional/business area of expertise.
- Play a key part in Capgemini’s business development activities with respect to the Cloud go-to-market.
- One or other of the following:
Cloud Technical Focus:
- Lead technical delivery of enterprise cloud migration programmes – Programme Technical Architect role rather than Engagement Manager. This role assumes you will be supporting multiple projects in parallel.
- Primary responsibility for role focuses on supporting the SAP technical team with migrations of SAP Applications to Public and Private Cloud platforms (including AWS, Azure, Virtustream, HEC, Capgemini offerings and other major cloud vendors). In addition, you will need to support the cloud agenda for the wider packages solution footprint inc. Oracle, JDA, Maximo etc.
Solution Architecture Focus:
- Play a key role in supporting delivery of implementation programmes – Programme Solution Architect role rather than Engagement Manager. This role assumes the candidate will be supporting multiple projects in parallel.
- Primary responsibility for role focuses on supporting the SAP DU around the strategy & implementation of new SAP Applications, with particular focus on the candidate’s functional areas of expertise. While the SAP solution footprint is the immediate focus, in addition, the candidate needs to support the Digital evolution agenda for the wider packages solution footprint inc. Oracle, JDA, Maximo etc.
- You will support innovation initiatives across a number of industries – including CP, Retail, Manufacturing and/or Utilities. This will involve identifying, articulating and demonstrating how new technology can be applied cross-industry & also the requirements and restrictions associated with each type of innovation for each industry area.
- You will support Packages Head of Architecture to shape domain wide Architecture Strategy and innovation agenda.
- You will work within Packages Advisory Team – supporting roadmap, business case development and QA of existing programmes.
What you’ll bring
Cloud Technical Focus:
- Deep understanding of how applications of all types are migrated to and run on Public and Private Cloud platforms. This includes understanding of best practices for identifying migration candidates, automation of technical activities in support of migration, deployment and run.
- Deep understanding of the commercial considerations for migration to the Cloud – including development of business cases, project cost estimates and understanding of commercial and contractual constructs that underpin the solutions.
Solution Architecture Focus:
- Deep understanding of SAP’s applications portfolio, and how these new and existing solutions can meet the needs of clients in your particular area of expertise. This includes experience of implementing new / migration to new solutions such as S/4HANA etc and understanding and being able to clearly articulate the pros and cons of the solutions.
- Deep understanding of the commercial considerations for migration to the new solution set – including development of business cases, project cost estimates and understanding of commercial and contractual constructs that underpin them.
- Deep understanding and experience of delivery of SAP technology – including S/4HANA and the cloud offerings such as HCI, HCP , SaaS solutions as well as the traditional on-premise solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of a wider interest in innovation technologies and how they can be used to support Capgemini’s business development agenda.
- The ability to shape a compelling narrative, both written and verbal, and have the gravitas to communicate this to very senior stakeholders who may not be receptive to your difficult messages.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management.
- Understanding and experience of the Industry standard architectural frameworks – including TOGAF. Certification is desirable but not required.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of project delivery from the perspective of a Project Manager. Certification is desirable but not required.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of leading and supporting all phases of the sales process – from pre-sales through to the handover to a delivery team following a win.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible individuals regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Find out more and apply