Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges.
You will join the Analytics and AI team, where we collaborate with our clients to improve their use of data and enable them to become truly data-driven enterprises. We solve complex industry problems through our expertise in a variety of fields such as Data and AI Strategy, Data Science, Advance Analytics and Intelligent Automation
An overview of the role:
As a Director in our Analytics & AI practice you will be responsible for advancing the development of our Intelligent Industries Analytics capability, delivering greater value to our clients through innovative analytics to drive operational improvements and minimise risk. This includes envisioning analytical solutions for our clients to address key industry priorities and trends – examples of such use cases may include:
- Advancing sustainable operations to reduce the carbon footprint.
- Implementing advanced analytics to enable predictive maintenance of assets and industrial equipment.
- Applying AI to process digital imagery for maintenance and competitive intelligence.
This means spearheading new business and selling consulting opportunities in excess of £2m per year. You will play a leadership role across our functional analytics teams: shaping our strategy, defining our ambition and developing junior members of the team.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
We also really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Why this role?
You want to be part of a rapidly growing team delivering some of the most exciting AI, Data Science and Analytics work across both the Private Sector and the Public Sector.
You want to accelerate your own career and take on a wide range of responsibilities that include:
- Working as part of the Capgemini Invent A&AI leadership team to grow our practice and develop our offers
- Inspiring our clients to deliver operational improvements through the application of advanced analytics
- Helping clients embed analytics and use insight to optimise and automate business decision making at scale
- Selling, leading and managing large delivery programmes with data and analytics at the centre
- Creating thought leadership and new propositions that reflect Capgemini Invent’s position as a leading AI, data science and analytics consultancy
You will already be a leader in the application of data science and analytics to drive operational improvements for internal or external clients, want to take your career to the next level. You will likely have experience within a large consultancy, and you will have relationships at senior levels in multiple client organisations.
Specifically, you will bring:
- Good existing relationships with Senior Executives of large organisations in the UK, focussed on the areas responsible for AI, Data Science and Analytics
- Experience of defining data strategies and shaping the AI or data science services and solutions that deliver the client’s vision, integrated across technology and business functions.
- A deep understanding of trends in the AI, data science or analytics market and how these are changing
- Experience in the application of analytical techniques to improve operational effectiveness of organisations, for example through network optimisation, intelligent automation (RPA), asset or process analytics
- Experience in the development of models to analyse business operations, such as simulation and the development of digital twins.
- Knowledge and experience of cloud services in the deployment of data and analytics services; specifically in relation to the management and exploitation of large operational data sets (such as IoT, sensor data etc.)
- Familiarity of the technology stack and associated platforms, applications and tools for the analysis of operational datasets and the implementation of the analytics techniques listed above.
- Understanding of how to apply advanced analytics and data science techniques to address key industry priorities and trends, such as the delivery of sustainable operations to reduce an organisations carbon footprint.
- Experience delivering for clients in sectors with complex operational requirements, such as CPR, Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing and Transportation.
You will also require:
- Strong management consulting experience with proven success in AI, Data Science or Analytics
- A proven track record in new business development / account management in large clients across the full sales lifecycle; you will have a personal sales target of circa £2m per annum of consulting business.
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
- Credibility and personal impact; you will be respected by colleagues and clients
- Versatility and collaborative in style, empathetic in nature, confident in content and focussed on outcomes at all levels in the client organisation.
- A passion to shape, motivate and deliver AI, Data Science and Analytics work
You want the opportunity to grow your own network and shape your leadership career path through access to some of the UK’s leading data science and analytics professionals. Through our longstanding client relationships and our impactful thought leadership on insight-led business transformation, Capgemini Invent has developed an expertise and market presence that is renowned across the AI, Data Science and Analytics domain. We work with a wide variety of organisations across multiple sectors and the ability to exploit our strategy, design and delivery capability means we can lead on their biggest data and insight transformation programmes.
Capgemini Invent has accelerated its growth throughout 2020 and, we have invested heavily in building our already strong Analytics & AI practice through targeted recruitment, training and access to platforms and tooling. As a Director in our team, you will be part of this growth journey and you will be given the foundations to take your career to the next level as a senior leader in Capgemini Invent.
As a team:
We value diversity: we embrace the value that diverse teams bring to our A&AI practice and our clients.
We focus on clients: positively impacting our clients data culture and operations
We are committed to learning and development: obsessed with advancing our data, insights and analytics skills
We’re stronger when we collaborate: active collaboration and other Invent capabilities and with wider Capgemini, most notably I&D, Tessella and with select third party alliances
We foster community: building new analytics and AI products and services through our functional and industry communities of interest
We believe data can be a driver for a better world: we will use our AI & analytics skills to improve sustainability, address climate change and champion active inclusion
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.