Telford & Worthing
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world, recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is people to help put this vision into practice. What it needs is people like you
- Generate new and useful user insights and translate them into features and actions that will allow service/product managers to iteratively improve their service for users
- Plan, design and conduct in-house research to test new service ideas and concept development (including user requirements gathering, early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research and usability testing sessions, and other approaches to ensure the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- Lead the formal usability testing process for a digital service – from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Work with Service/Product Managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material;
- Work closely with designers, business analysts and software developers to turn user data into actionable user stories that influence product/service direction and prototype development
- Design, script and analyse ad-hoc quantitative surveys
- Manage ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Present findings, recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Manage day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop strong working relationships in high pressure environments
- Be involved in the wider user research community identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider digital team and across government, acting as mentor to other junior user researcher(s).
- Proven experience of using a variety of usability testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights and gather user needs for web based services
- Proven experience of creating research strategies/approaches
- Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions, and facilitating workshops
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Confident in explaining user needs to senior civil servants and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and the department at large
- Extensive knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and the user-centered design process for product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for user centered design practices
- Proven experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys (involving development of a logical sequence of steps to complete transactions)
- Comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation
- Comfortable in the capacity of mentor for other user researcher(s)
- Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field
- Experience of working in an agile development environment with designers, business analysts and developers to create new digital products and services
- Experience of identifying user needs of users with accessibility requirements.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.