Any UK Base
Who you’ll be working with
Our Digital Delivery Units specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale.
We build world class digital experiences, using modern delivery methods, leveraging robust, flexible platforms.
Our projects can span from gathering user insight to designing compelling experiences and delivering them through a variety of touch points (Mobile | Tablet | Web | “Phygital”) underpinned by enterprise integration at scale.
Our capabilities cover a wide variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies with a strong focus on Java and Microsoft.
We are seeking experienced Engagement Managers to deliver of some of the largest, most innovative enterprise Digital projects in the UK and around the world.
The focus of your role
Working within our Digital Units providing consultancy and engagement management expertise to external clients, members of the Project Management Group can be placed on technology-focused delivery assignments in any sector and manage projects of varying size and degrees of complexity, from single small team assignments to multi-site, multi-discipline projects. Projects may contain a blend of Capgemini, client and contract staff and include a range of different stakeholders.
What you’ll do
• All aspects of Project Management; definition, scoping and planning;
• Managing the delivery of projects across the full lifecycle, to required cost, timescale and quality parameters;
• Potentially involved in business change implementation and roll-out design and management;
• Feasibility studies and business case development;
• Project audits and reviews
What you’ll bring
• Demonstrable experience in managing bespoke software and/or Digital development/Experience Design projects/implementation and integration projects, from inception through to delivery on small, medium and large projects;
• A track record of delivery using an iterative/agile methodology (e.g. AGILE/RUP/SCRUM);
• Delivered a range of projects with commercial value of at least £1m to £10m depending on grade;
• Commercial responsibility for project delivery;
• Proven leadership and motivational skills and experience in mentoring staff;
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.