UK Wide – 100% mobility required
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. People matter, results count.
The Custom Software Development (CSD) business unit is a core part of Capgemini UK’s Application Services organisation. We specialise in the use of leading edge technologies, forward looking platforms and agile delivery processes to develop business solutions for large private and public sector organisations.
The CSD capability teams provide the breadth of skills and experience required to undertake the end-to-end delivery of these systems, services and solutions. The BA team is a core part of CSD and Capgemini has invested significantly in building a market leading Digital BA capability. Whilst we have already have a team of 45 BAs working in this area and it is our priority to actively invest further to grow this capability through recruitment and training.
As a Digital Business Analyst you will be responsible for activities on projects and programmes of all sizes. You will be able to understand our client’s business needs and be able to creatively shape and refine business solutions to meet those needs. In guiding and advising clients to help them develop and refine requirements, you must be able to quickly establish your credibility with client staff at all levels.
• Working with stakeholders and business users from the customer to elicit, capture, analyse, refine and communicate / document their requirements
• Representing the customer (acting as a proxy) in support of the delivery teams throughout the project
• Representing the technical team in communication with the customer about the project delivery
• Providing support to the architects, designers and developers in the definition of technical solutions
• Working with User Experience and Information Architects in the definition of Customer Journeys and the production of wireframes and prototypes
• Validating / verifying that the functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented within the solution
• Assisting with the estimation of timescales, resources and planning to successfully deliver a project
• Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project assets
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT trends, best practices and technologies
- A track record of working on IT development programmes with demonstrable experience of working on a variety of different IT delivery projects.
- Exposure to a digital suite of systems such as CRM, CMS, Mobile Apps, Social Media and Ecommerce
- Experience of working with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (e.g. Scrum, XP, DSDM)
- Experience of Agile documentation including Backlogs, Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria etc
- Experience of a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, role playing and prototyping)
- Experience of analysis of both functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience of the full project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles and activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery
- Good facilitation and influencing skills with the ability to work with large groups of customers of varying level of seniority from user to board level
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with and present to internal teams and customers with technical and non-technical backgrounds
- You – bring your values, energy, motivation and sense of humour to add to and enhance our team and culture.
For more senior positions we will also like to consider experience in any of the following:
- Experience of leadership of other BAs
- User interface design and wireframing skills
- Experience of working in Scrum Master and/or Product Owner roles (with any certifications)
- Modelling of the business domain – process, rules and objects / data
- Formal requirements management and traceability (including use of tools)
- Working in a GDS framework
- Previous consulting experience within major consultancy or SI organisation
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.