An overview of the role
As a Digital Business Analyst in BTC you will work on a range of transformation projects, bringing the skills and experience of our five BTC Service teams to our clients across different sectors. You will develop an understanding of our client’s business needs and creatively shape and refine business solutions that will allow them to achieve their business goals.
Why this role?
As a Digital Business Analyst, you will be part of a team working to deliver value for our clients. A few examples include:
• Working on an end to end transformation project with business stakeholders to define their vision, iteratively design a solution, and working with technical colleagues to deliver the product
• Being a Product Manager to define a new service within an organisation, while working with business and technical colleagues
• Being part of a project which looks to streamline and improve processes, track benefits and implement effective business change
• Supporting our clients through major business changes by identifying and mitigating change issues and supporting the change through structured communications, education, management and leadership.
As a Digital Business Analyst with more experience, you will have the opportunity to help shape our shared future. You will:
• Drive pieces of work and lead teams across complex transformation projects
• Look for new opportunities for work within your projects and contribute to proposals
• Manage junior colleagues on projects and help to guide their professional growth within BTC
• Have the freedom to utilize your knowledge and expertise to create new products and services for our clients or reshape existing ones
• Take an active part in sales and pre-sales activity, presenting to customers and contributing to bids.
As a Digital Business Analyst, you will bring your expertise, professionalism and enthusiasm for business transformation while bringing our brand, culture and values to life.
All of our team members should have the following experiences and skills:
• Fantastic core consulting skills – facilitating workshops, writing documents, delivering compelling messages, gaining trust, working with uncertainty and thinking on your feet!
• A problem-solving mindset – curious, tenacious and driven to find the right answers
• Comfortable working with a range of colleagues and clients up to the most senior level and can build highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships and know how to influence stakeholders and deal with conflict
• An understanding of digital technology and the opportunities it brings to business transformation
• Experience of working with a recognised agile or iterative methodology (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, DAD, GDS.)
• Experience within a digital project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles / activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery.
As a Digital Business Analyst you will also have:
• The ability to drive the identification of user needs and business requirements in both a reactive and proactive context, including knowledge of a variety of user research and requirements gathering techniques and familiarity with a variety of requirement documentation tools
• The ability to create a backlog of requirements/user stories which would include collaborating with development teams and Product Owners to identify and refine work and break it down from a high-level specification into manageable pieces of work
• Business process analysis, design and improvement
• A proven track record of delivering at least two of the following:
o Experience of User Research, knowledge of User Research methodologies, analysis of research data and synthesis of research, an understanding of diversity and inclusion when performing research and the ability to utilise insight to align user research to help inform decision making and action
o Business case design and benefits management
o Product management, developing a product and surrounding service
o Business change including stakeholder analysis, impact and business readiness assessments, communications and engagement.
o Involvement in education and training with experience of conducting training needs analysis work
o Experience of IT package implementations including ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning systems) or large custom builds.
For our more senior hires we also look for:
• Experience of coaching or managing small multi-functional teams
• Experience leading projects, or workstreams within larger programmes of work
• Ability to shape our business and some experience in consulting sales or business case presentation
• Track record of developing strong trusted advisor relationships with customers at director or board level.
In Business Technology Solutions (BTS) we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities and interdependencies of technology-enabled change. We provide the capabilities that ensure our clients realise their digital ambitions and associated benefits.
Within BTS in Business Transformation Consulting (BTC). This is a growing team of 100+ consultants with a huge amount of combined experience and qualifications. We partner with our clients to both design their business and then stay to change their business, all the while guiding them along their transformation journey. We use our best practice “6C” model to do this:
1. Clarification – Understanding the vision for change
2. Co-creation – Ensuring collaborative working in which problems are addressed and solutions delivered together
3. Capability development – Ensuring that our clients have the skills and experience needed to sustain the transformation journey
4. Commitment – Working with, developing and engaging stakeholders throughout
5. Continuation – Making sure that the change is sustainable to ensure it continues to deliver against the business case
6. Conscientiousness – Ensuring a positive impact on people, planet, communities, and our clients.
The knowledge that exists within our five BTC Service teams helps drive this by sharing best practice thinking and methods, with products in the following areas: Digital User Experience; Innovative Collaboration; Learning and Enablement; People and Culture Transformation and Process and Performance Improvement. Most importantly, our culture in BTC is key and it defines who we are. Our style is collaborative, fun, innovative and agile, our hierarchy is flat, we all roll up our sleeves and get the job done for our clients. This means that we form close relationships, not just with our clients but also internally with our Capgemini colleagues.
BTC’s mission statement is: “To understand, empower and persevere so that, together, we make a meaningful change.
What we will offer you – Professional development, career progression and a collaborative environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. In BTC we can provide you with:
• A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces and values different points of view
• An active team culture, regular meetups/knowledge shares and a whole community that’s right behind you offering support and guidance
• A chance to work on leading clients across a number of sectors, broadening your experience and your career development opportunities
• Coaching and mentoring from leaders within our organisation
• An open and collaborative environment where you can bring your true self to work
• Empowerment to shape your own development plans, taking into account the needs of the business, with your own interests and aspirations
• Professional development, where you can pursue a range of learning opportunities as well as having access to external training courses and the chance to gain accreditations.
It’s all on offer at Capgemini and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with remuneration package which includes fixed salary, a comprehensive flexible benefits package and in addition for senior hires, you will receive a variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family, and work-life needs.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini. Visit: https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm