The focus of your role
We are looking to recruit a number of DevOps Engineers into our Application Development and Maintenance Practice (ADM), based in London. We’d particularly like to hear from you if you have experience working in financial services. These roles represent a unique opportunity build your career and gain further exposure to some of the UKs top banking, capital markets and insurance institutions. All roles are permanent and cover different levels of experience. And, if you have team management experience on large projects or programmes, that would be an advantage.
What you’ll do
• Build and Administer instances and services in the public cloud for Development, QA, and Production environments.
• Script, test and deploy new versions of environments and target infrastructures.
• Support development and QA across various projects to satisfy their day to day needs.
• Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance.
• Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts.
• Create documentation of current and newly implemented environments with associated troubleshooting steps.
What you’ll bring
• Windows configuration, management and administration (IIS).
• Linux configuration, management and administration.
• Experience working in cloud environments like AWS, Azure or google cloud
• Familiarity with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch, SES, and SQS). Hands-on experience highly desired.
• Familiarity with Azure Cloud Solutions and architectures (Windows VM’s, Web Apps, SQL Database, Document Store, BI stack, Virtual Network, Azure AD).
• Architect, build and maintain DevOps solutions for enterprise applications into cloud environments
• Good understanding of CloudFormation (or similar ‘Infrastructure as Code’ technologies)
• Solid understanding of cloud security models and best practices
• Good understanding of modern CI/CD methods and approaches
• User or administrator experience with any/all of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo), TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, New Relic, TrendMicro.
• Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB
• Experience with automation/configuration management using toolsets such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or equivalent
• Experience of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing containerisation (Docker), Kubernetes
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Experience of networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components and their application to cloud environments
• Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks and validating external suppliers
• Cloud certified DevOps and/or Architect.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.