Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini's Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world's top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Finanical Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
Please note, this role can be based from London or Manchester, with some travel likely (subject to Covid-19 restrictions and safety guidelines)
Major banks and insurance companies are outsourcing transformation programmes on a regular basis to Capgemini. In most cases, these are highly complex programmes that have major impacts on the multiple business lines of our clients. We use new technologies, and several Capgemini business units work together in a "distributed delivery model" to deliver such programmes.
It's important that we have the right people to help deliver these programmes. Are you one of those people?
We want passionate platform/DevOps engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We’re looking for engineers that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge. Join us and help grow our already large and strong community of digital specialists, share ideas and innovate.
- You'll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
- You’ll work with great engineers and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
- You'll act as a DevOps evangelist, helping people to understand the benefits, challenges and implications of adopting DevOps, and helping teams move to this model
- You'll document the standards for other teams to follow when delivering automation and tooling changes
- You'll build relationships & collaborate across the technical community to establish and implement consistent architecture
- You'll support a continuous delivery approach, including tooling, automated testing and deployments
- Own best practice for DevOps and migrate each team to that standard
- An appetite to expand knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects
- A broad range of experience in modern open source stacks
- Strong understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools
- Familiarity with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch, SES, and SQS). Hands-on experience highly desired
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud Solutions / Azure DevOps and architectures (Windows VMs, Web Apps, SQL Database, Document Store, BI stack, Virtual Network, Azure AD)
- Good understanding of CloudFormation (or similar ‘Infrastructure as Code’ technologies)
- Solid understanding of cloud security models and best practices
- Good understanding of modern CI/CD methods and approaches
Things we like:
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
- Core Networking & Loadbalancing
- Python / Ruby / Go
- Jenkins / Bamboo
- Git / GitHub / GitLab
- Graphite / Grafana / ELK / Prometheus
- SQL / NO-SQL DBs
- Docker (Swarm / Kubernetes)
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other and with our clients, we get under the skin of business and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.