A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Due to significant growth created by an ever-increasing client demand, we are looking to further bolster the team by recruiting a Dektop Engineer.
You will be responsible for dealing with end user pc/laptop related issues break fix and IMAC’s. The role will require good organisation skills and customer focused. You will be working on a client site, delivering great customer support and providing deskside support to end users, through break fix and IMAC’s resolutions.
- Undertake Incident Resolution and IMAC activities in line with SLAs
- Undertake Project, Demand Package activities and Problem Management Tasks
- Liaise with Service Desk and EUC Tower Lead to ensure appropriate Incident assignment to other support Towers
- Troubleshoot hardware – including desktop, laptops, workstations, tablets and associated peripherals
- Troubleshoot Software – including operating systems and desktop applications
- Rebuild and configure of PCs, applications and peripheral installations
- Produce documentation in support of incident Resolution and hardware and software installation and configurations
- Proven experience in a related IT role (or equivalent)
- A level of competency through implementation of medium level fixes
- Evidence up to date with the latest Microsoft Operating Systems
- Strong communication skills, ability to build & maintain working relationships with internal & external customers
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be a UK National and will eligible to obtain SC clearance
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise your needs with a flexible benefit package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile and more successful. Smart, tailored, technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.