Working with the Head of Pensions and our external consultants and advisors, as well as colleagues in the business, you will find that the Capgemini Plans are large enough and complex enough to generate an interesting and lively range of challenges across the spectrum of pensions management.
We’re a small team and you will form an integral part of the work that we do. This is a varied role with a mix of day-to-day routine management of the pension schemes as well as ad-hoc project work.
- Support strategic pension projects e.g. in relation to managing defined benefit liabilities or upgrading the defined contribution offering.
- Work with the plans consultants on the preparation and distribution of member communications.
- Support the business in all pension related bid and TUPE queries, facilitating support from specialist pension lawyers and other advisors as required.
- Work on new bids, deals and re-tenders. You will identify risks, develop commercially viable pension solutions, and work closely with the TUPE team to ensure successful people transfer.
- Support the business with end of contract activity, ensuring that pension exit provisions are fulfilled.
- Keep all Plan documentation (Trust Deeds and Rules, members booklets and all associated members communications) up to date, ensuring that all pension related changes are properly documented.
- Co-ordinate and manage preparation and circulation of annual Summary Funding Statements and plan member reports to all active, deferred and pensioner members.
- Liaise with XPS (they carry out day-to-day administration of both Plans and the Trust) to answer any queries they may have.
- Ad-hoc projects which could involve supporting the business, arranging pension training sessions etc.
- Review monthly and management reports and cash forecasts from XPS against expected activity.
- Likely to be APMI / FPMI qualified.
- A background in pensions from a corporate organisation.
- Defined benefit and DC experience.
- Ideally some experience of working with public sector arrangements.
- You will have worked in a company that has experienced mergers and/or acquisitions and TUPE transfers.
- You will be experienced in deal work (liaising with actuaries and trustees).
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs