Location & Security
Telford with travel to other locations as required
Security Clearance Requirement – SC Eligable
An overview of the role
This is an exciting opportunity as we support large scale client transformation programmes across a wide and diverse range of technologies. In this cruicial role as Delivery Manager you’ll work with our As a Delivery Manager you willjoin our vibrant and forward thinking Engagement Management coummnity, within the HMRC Market Unit. The role will primarily be with one of our Delivery Centres where you will lead one or more delivery squads responsible for delivering one or more products for projects and services to our HMRC client.
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity to join our established and rapidly expanding team, working across a diverse range of technologies and areas of the business. You will use your proven delivery track record to lead and manage people using a variety of recognised methodologies, including agile, utlising multi-disciplined and highly skilled teams. You will work closely with other project and programme managers to agree scope, commercials as well as establish delivery priorities and plans, manage risks, dependencies, and remove blockers to ensure quality delivery to cost and time. You will also use your key people and capacity management skills to ensure squads have the right skills at the right time, development plans are in place and future demand is effectively resourced.
What you’ll do
• Ensure your squad(s) meet agreed delivery timescales, within cost and to required quality standards
• Manage the capacity and future forecasting of yourself and your Squad(s)
• Ensure managed products and services are performing to contractual targets
• Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
• Manage and communicate risks, cost budgets, productivity and Delivery Squad resources
• Build and maintain a motivated and appropriately skilled Squad(s), whose proficiency can be demonstrated through industry recognised certifications
• Protect the Squad(s) and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important, ensuring also that your Squad(s) is aligned to the future needs of the delivery centre and wider Capgemini
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with client contacts (both internal and external)
• Identify and land opportunities for additional business, and empower your squad(s) to do the same
• Facilitate continuous improvement, applying the most appropriate agile and lean tools & techniques for your environment in-line with the standardised delivery centre Functional Model.
• Strong experience of Agile & Waterfall methodologies
• Established credientials and track record of previous project and/or service delivery and management of small to medium sized teams
• Good communicator, ability to influence and coach others
• Proven ability to forge trusted relationship with clients in line with our business objectives
• Strong financial management and awareness of commercial management
• Ability to work closely with project managers and service delivery managers independently within a client or competitive environment
• Excellent communication skills and a proven record of inspiring and building high performing teams
• Have an existing industry recognised certification or be working towards certification in Agile Delivery or Project Management
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/