Our Database Delivery Centre is an award winning centre of excellence (CoE) for Database technologies within Capgemini UK and we are currently looking for a database administrator with real gravitas to join our team. The CoE specialises in but is not limited to Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, MongoDB and Informix.
Our purpose is to provide a full range of end to end database services to our clients and be recognised as the technical authority within Capgemini and enhancing Capgemini’s image with both clients and leading database suppliers.
- You will be responsible for delivery of performant database systems in a highly transactional environment.
- Proven experience of working with large transactional databases.
- Dealing with Performance tuning and have passion for developing complex database solutions.
- Ideally the successful candidate will be SC Cleared or clearable
- Provide input into the design and specification process to ensure best practice and standardisation of database builds
- Work with cross-functional technical project teams, assist solution and technical architects to design scalable, performant and secure database installations including backup and restore strategies, disaster recovery procedures and monitoring and alerting
- Ability to build & maintain working relationships with internal & external customers
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving.
- In depth Database Administration experience in either Oracle/ PostgreSQL / MySQL
- Database performance tuning experience
- Experience on cloud environments e.g. AWS/Azure
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini. Visit: