Capgemini are looking to appoint an experienced MySQL DBA as part of our Managed Services DBA Team. The role is key in working within an established database support team across a range of UK Only secure clients.
- As a member of the DBA support team, you will play a key role acting as a subject matter expert for MySQL to provide advice and guidance on projects and database management for complex MySQL database environments.
- Working closely with the Infrastructure and Applications team you will play a key role in ensuring database performance, configuration, development and maintenance as well as identifying opportunity for service improvements.
- You will react to and resolve incidents via our call management system with strict SLA deadlines and perform planned releases both in and out of core business hours supporting a bespoke application.
- You will also be involved in performing Change Management duties.
- As a member of the team you will also provide support and mentoring for Junior team members to help develop skills and drive a culture of development and inclusion.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role –
- 2 -5 years’ experience of Database Administration within MySQL 5+ at enterprise level including complex clustering (InnoDB Cluster/NDB) and multi-master replication schemes.
- High level of expertise as a DBA in the administration, design and implementation of backups, performance tuning (using MySQL Enterprise Monitor or directly accessing the performance schema), management, and provisioning of MySQL database instances.
- Basic Linux system administration and bash scripting experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or PostgreSQL/MSSQL/MariaDB would be a distinct advantageous as well as the ability to work across a range of technologies and applications in support of MySQL.
You must either hold or be willing and able to be Security cleared to SC level or higher.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.