We are currently seeking a top performing Data Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with hands on experience with Data or Analytics to join our successful Insights & Data Practice.
These are permanent requirements within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel.
Capgemini Financial Services requires experienced Data SMEs with skills in the area of business intelligence, data engineering, reporting and advanced analytics within the Financial Services Sector.
The person will apply their Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders of the following financial sectors;
- Capital Markets
- Banking or
The Data SME will primarily work with or lead development teams to translate c requirements into client outcomes, including accurate functional specifications, business and project documents. The SME may also be responsible for roadmap and strategy creation and Business benefits case creation in addition to identifying solutions to business problems and creation of use cases for implementation.
The Data SME roles can incorporate several responsibilities based on the skills of the applicant. Common skill categories include the following areas:
Business Analysis SME:
- Liaise with internal/external clients in order to analyse business procedure, clarify clients‟ requirements and to define the scope of existing software, hardware and network provision
- Analysis of business processes and translation into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications
Data Management SME:
- Be conversant in Data Profiling and Data Quality processes
- Development of data access, governance and security models
Data Architecture SME:
- Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources, to provide insight during solution development
- Understands Conceptual and Logical Data Models and has a comprehensive knowledge of Data Toolsets
- Reviewing Corporate Information exploitation, the effectiveness of their Informational Systems and gaps between their information requirements and capabilities
- Business Case and Cost Justification of the development of Informational Systems
- Technical Consultancy: Advising clients on BI reporting and analysis best practice
Business Development Data SME
- Responding to client RFI, RFP and ITT documents including cost estimates and follow activities to secure new business
- Presales – Providing domain expertise and meeting with clients to secure new business
To succeed the person will possess and demonstrate competencies aligned with the categories above, and includes:
- Experience in the Information Technology industry with recent experience of client facing Business Intelligence reporting and analysis development
- Ability to liaise with senior client personnel to establish requirements and discuss potential development strategies
- Able to respectfully challenge customers to think about different options – comfortable providing them with options rather than just perform what they request
- Excellent communication skills – interviewing, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
- Interested in expanding capabilities into all areas of data and information architecture, data management and analytics.
- Background in Insurance, Capital Markets or Banking
- A strong academic track record including the achievement of a good honors degree or equivalent
- Experience of working within the consulting industry
- Able to work in a team and help assist other team members develop Business Analysis skills
- Happy to travel within the UK and occasionally abroad
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.