Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Data Scientist who will be defining solutions to our clients’ business problems, supporting clients to utilise their structured and unstructured data for business benefits. The person will apply his / her experience in demonstrating the value of big data analytics to clients.
As a talented Data Scientist this person will work with clients providing valuable insight and analytical services with an understanding of one or many insurance Business and/or IT functions for Actuarial, Broker ( or Syndicate), Pricing, Sales and Marketing, Claims, Underwriting, Operations and Fraud functions.
The focus of your role
The Data Science and Analytics Team within the Insights and Data Practice is Capgemini Financial Services business analytics and modelling capability. The team delivers analytics solutions and delivery services to a wide range of clients in the Banking & Insurance sectors. The person will be responsible to work with clients collaboratively and provide the expertise and structured thinking that will help them develop innovative solutions to complex business problems.
This is a permanent opportunity supporting our UK team, with the opportunity to work within a global practice. The role will be based in London and travel will be expected.
What you’ll do
The Data Science and Analytics Lead role will be a core function to assure effective implementation of Big Data Analytics Strategy. The core responsibilities will touch across three distinct yet connected skillsets;
- Mathematics Expertise (statistics, machine learning, natural language processing)
- Business & Data Domain Knowledge (understanding of financial services)
- Programming / Hacking (e.g. R, Java, Python, Spark, Matlab, Octave)
It is essential that the incumbent has a broad view of the life cycle of data including Data Quality Assurance principles, Data Maturity and capability models and best practice.
The main focus of the role is on the provision of advice and guidance on implementation of Data Science Initiatives and on implementation of prioritised business challenges using one or more analytics principles. Fundamental to the success of this role will be the ability to deliver business benefit through build and change analytic solutions / models / dashboards / reports within the Data Analytics Implementation Model.
What you’ll bring
The Data Scientist & Analytics Lead will undertake a wide variety of challenging project work and help clients explore, visualise and mine their structured and unstructured data. The person will have the license to develop new ways of delivering value and will bring to the role:
- Modelling and analytics based techniques to solve business problems as part of a major business transformation
- Developing and using modelling tools to support strategic decision making
- Supporting clients to design, build and implement analytics based solutions
- Delivering analytics advisory services to clients
- Developing both thought leadership points of view and new service offerings to differentiate us in the marketplace
- Shape and evolve their customer experience
- Enhance and expand their service and commerce channels
- Expanding data processing and technical modelling frameworks
- Establish efficient ways of implementing segmentation and predictive modeling
- Integrate and optimise their marketing performance across channels
- Innovate their business models and operations
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.