Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
An overview of the role
This is a role with real gravitas, as a Data Architect you will be working within the Enterprise Data Management practice, on large and complex client engagements across a variety of industry sectors. You will be given the opportunity to grow and take on responsibility from day one in a challenging but rewarding and meritocratic environment. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to develop to senior positions on projects and within the practice.
The Enterprise Data Management practice within the Insights and Data business unit of Capgemini is a global practice covering a broad range of business and IT focused topics from Information Strategy, Governance, Master Data Management, Data Architecture, Migration and Lifecycle Management. We help our clients build an enterprise class data platform that allows them to develop business capability by exploiting data to gain insight. The team are first and foremost Consultants, putting client requirements and industry best practice at the heart of delivery.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
- Consulting, leading, and performance of analysis and design of large, complex applications, and business process re-engineering required to support Data programmes
- Contributing to the analysis of business data requirements, developing Information Strategies, Conceptual and Corporate data models, and working to develop and extend the client’s Data Architecture
- Partnering with clients to gather necessary understanding of business objectives and processes
- Focussing on identifying the underlying data issues using interviews, tools, templates, and diagnostics
- Providing information, feedback and guidance to clients to support technology-related decision making
- Consulting and working with development teams to determine, execute and deliver relevant solutions
- Working with colleagues to develop new offerings in the areas of Information Strategy and Data Architecture development
- Managing the development of reviewees
- Hands-on experience with at least 3 of the following: Data Management, Data Architecture, Data Migration, Data Modelling, Data/Information Strategy, Information Governance
- Experience with leading data applications for Tier 1 vendors such as IBM, SAP, Oracle and others or development of corporate strategies and data models
- Demonstrable experience on several data related projects. This needs to include significant experience of at least two of: data architecture design, information strategy, development of a corporate data model, ETL design, data mapping, data quality assessment, data/information governance
- Demonstrable experience of at least 2 data architecture or strategy programmes
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm