Data Scientist/Data Analyst
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” delivery group of Capgemini’s HMRC account. The group provides a wide range of data analytics solutions in support of HMRC’s business priorities. You’ll be working alongside Business analysts, Solutions Architects, Software architects, and Software engineers across the full software and solution delivery lifecycle.
The focus of your role
You will have in depth data analysis skills and significant experience in delivery of large/complex data solutions. You will have experience of analysis of large, complex data sets, designing and implementing solutions which allow the presentation of valuable business insights to our clients. You will advise project leadership on project issues, progress and resolution plans. You will be comfortable attending client work-shops and providing consultancy/advice on technical decisions and designs.
What you’ll do
• Act as a consultant at client and internal proposal/bid/design workshops.
• Analyse business requirements, translating to data/reporting solution design, incorporating key considerations to all functional and non-functional requirements.
• Act as a coach and mentor to the delivery groups wider data science/analysis community; maintaining an awareness of related product and toolset developments in the industry, assessing for applicability and delivering knowledge sharing to the delivery group.
What you’ll bring
• You will have mastered several data analysis techniques, toolsets in applicable data environments.
• You will be a subject matter expert in data science/analysis and have an awareness of technology sets across the data insights and analysis sphere.
• You will be fully familiar with Agile software /solutions delivery, and be able to work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile team members and contribute to sprint planning, sprint delivery, blocker resolution, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives and provide expert technical support and guidance to the scrum team.
• You will be a subject matter expert and have experience in data analysis/data science spheres: SAS, Pentaho, Business Objects, Power BI
It will be beneficial if you have supplementary knowledge of key technologies being:
– Oracle, SQL, PLQL
– Business Objects
– Hadoop Cloudera Ecosystem
– Pentaho DI, BA, Ctools
– AWS, Azure
– Amazon Redshift
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.