A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world, recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is people to help put this vision into practice. What it needs is people like you
You will be responsible for writing the content that will help users understand how to manage their tax affairs through client's new digital services. You will work with software developers, designers, policy and legal teams to produce outstanding digital services and information. The material that you develop will cover a wide range of topics and users, so you will need to be user-focused and know how to write with the user in mind.
- Write high quality content for client's new digital services that will encourage people to use them
- Take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
- Develop content in such a way that it will encourage people who rarely go online to use the new services
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to define the messages that the new services should convey
- Work with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to refine the services in light of external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
·Experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable (ideally, but not essentially, for a government website)
·Experience of user-centered design
·Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
·Experience in choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
·Ideally you will have experience in working with content management and publishing systems
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.