Cloud Subject Matter Expert
Business Area: Cloud Infrastructure Services
Location: UK Wide
Reporting to: Head of Cloud & Edge SME Group
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
Due to significant growth created by an ever-increasing client demand, we are looking to further bolster the team by recruiting a talented Cloud Subject Matter Expert. You will be a part of the Capgemini Cloud & Edge Projects and Consulting Practice that is primarily responsible for providing client centric Cloud, End User/Productivity and IoT services.
The focus of your role
You will be accountable for assisting clients in designing and implementing cloud ambitions (public and private) as part of their IT supply portfolio. You will have a wealth of exposure in projects that exploit public cloud services and you will be capable of engaging on customer projects covering the design and implementation of cloud related projects on their platform of expertise.
As the Cloud Subject Matter Expert, you will
- Enable our customer’s journey to leverage cloud and implement a hybrid cloud model
- Engage closely with clients, partners and other business units to design and implement innovative and competitive solutions for new and existing clients
- Work as part of a pre-sales team in the proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of the cloud transformation project covering the design and implementation phases of the project before handing over to support and operations teams
- Support the Cloud Architects with specific knowledge of the platform of expertise as well as being the point of information for the whole Capgemini population on his/her platform of expertise.
What you’ll bring
- Deep expert knowledge of either designing & implementing AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Strong and demonstrable experience of migrating workloads to cloud platforms
- AWS or Microsoft Azure Certification
- Some knowledge of automated provisioning and DevOps tooling, such as:
- Good understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery environments
- Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
- Background covering infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, application structure (2-tier, 3-tier), Identity, Security (Encryption, PKI), load balancing
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL)
- Strong client-facing skills with excellent communication capabilities
- Ability to work effectively in pressurised situations and can be relied upon to deliver, irrespective of circumstances
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs