Cloud Native Developer (Java)
Location – UK Wide
Who you’ll be working with:-
You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of developers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
The focus of your role:
What you’ll do:
• Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
• Act as a engineer and subject matter expert on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development, testing and implementation of complex cloud native applications
• Advocate for modern, automation first ways of working. Identifying opportunities to reduce toil, optimise delivery through building tooling to streamline development processes.
• Working as part of a development team to help drive best best practices such as version control CI/CD and pipelines, testing practices.
• Support services from initial prototype and into live, making sure software is robust, reliable and supportable using observability tools, dashboards and profiling tools.
• Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, errors, deployment frequency, traffic and overall system health. Designing solutions and planning work to continuously improve the system.
• Scale systems through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and release velocity.
• Keep up to date with the latest Open source and cloud trends, making suggestions of how to utilise the latest cloud native technologies to deliver value to customers.
What you’ll bring:
• For you, writing software that defines cloud infrastructure will be as natural as writing software for applications and you’ll bring the same skills and attitude to bear, using test-first thinking to create high-quality code regardless of the underlying technology
• Excellent knowledge of cloud computing; experience of building scalable, resilient applications using microservices
• Experience of containerisation using Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continous Delivery (CD)
• Experience of working in collaborative teams and working in an agile / Devops manner in a commercial environment
• Experience of provisioning resources using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, CFN or Arm termplates.
We’re also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had some of the skills, if not we can help develop them:
• Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD). CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
• Hold a certification from AWS, Azure or Openshift
• JIRA / Confluence
What we’ll offer you:
Are you interested to work with and learn from the best, most inspiring engineers in the UK? Do you want to be encouraged and recognised for giving back to the open source community? Do you want to build your profile as a Cloud Native developer ?
Do you want to be rewarded for striving to continually improve?
Coupled with the training, tooling, development and career progression of a large multinational business, this goes some way to describing what’s in it for you at Capgemini. We work with some of the world’s largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects underway in modern IT.
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.