With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Due to significant growth created by an ever-increasing client demand, we are looking to further bolster the team by recruiting a talented Chief Cloud Engineer.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be a part of the Capgemini Cloud & Edge Projects and Consulting Practice that is primarily responsible for providing client centric Cloud, End User/Productivity and IoT services. It provides a variety of client services, which range from strategic advisory right through to project delivery.
The focus of your role
You will be accountable for assisting clients in understanding, adopting and exploiting platform automation and engineering. You will have a wealth of experience in designing and implementing technical capabilities and tools as part of platform engineering practices into organisations from greenfield; and delivering projects which make use of these. You should be able to engage at any point in the project lifecycle, from initial client strategy discussions right through to automated delivery and management of platform environments for self-service use by Cloud native projects leveraging DevOps.
This role will lead a community of similarly skilled Cloud Platform engineers and drive standardisation, policies and best practice across all platform engineering engagements within the UK. You will lead cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable platform services using both open source and vendor provided technologies.
As the Chief Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Engage closely with architects, clients, partners and other business units to design and implement innovative and competitive solutions across Cloud for our clients
- Help us achieve our vision – you will have the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within our UK clients
- Get opportunities to develop and progress – working on large scale, technically challenging projects
- Constantly learn through modern learning environments including online training platforms and the Capgemini University. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more..
What you’ll bring:
- Good consultancy skills with strong client-facing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong hands on experience of AWS and/or Azure platform features and capabilities, ideally with vendor certifications
- Strong hands on expertise with Kubernetes and Docker Containers
- Strong hands on automation and orchestration tooling experience with tools such as Packer, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Good awareness and expertise in Core Cloud Networking and load balancing
- Expert hands on exposure and understanding of automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment – and strong experience of implementing tools that underpin these practices
- Good command line skills in at least one of the following: Go, Ruby, Python
- Strong experience of Linux
- Strong knowledge of DevOps concepts, aspects and tools
- Demonstrable experience of delivering in Agile environments
- Deep knowledge of several platform tooling technologies
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.